Show us your PP 12th day of Christmas Sale purchases!

Katalin, I'm probably too late to weigh in but I'd get the larger ones. However, I'd gladly accept either of them! Or ask to see both in person and send one back?

I bought several freshwater strands from Overstock a few years ago and loved them dearly until I got more into pearls and wanted upgrades. I still do wear some of them, though. The prices are wonderful, but I have had two or three of them break while I was wearing them. Whatever they strung them with wasn't strong enough to hold up. With my strands (freshwater) I was happiest with their AA grade. The A grade was too off-round for me to be happy with and I don't recall even seeing any AAA grade at the time.

Sea Urchin - unfortunately I can't order both, because it would be too much hussle to return and claim back the 20% VAT. So I followed the advice from you all and ordered the bigger one!! Can't wait to get them, although it is going to take 2-3 weeks!

Ladies, just a short question, please help me!! Which one would you choose, left or right? Both are baroque akoya, left is 9-9.5, right is 9.5-10.
View attachment 47065
Do I see right, that the left one has more luster?

I like the left more but both are beautiful. Let us know what you decide!

I would also be interested in knowing what's up with the discrepancy- let us know what they say!

Pics as promised. I really love them they are just sooooooooooo short!
Pictured with the world's pinkest akoyas for reference.

They are very pretty!! Have you asked if it can be lengthened?

I have ordered the bigger strand on 24.12.2016, and today I've got an email from PP, that they are going to process it soon. As soon as I get it, I post some pictures.

Katalin, so we are both waiting for the bigger strands! Mine was shipped before Christmas, but it takes about a month to get here.. exciting!

My 9.5-10 mm baroque akoyas have arrived today! Super fast delivery it was this time))

What can I say. A big THANK YOU to forum members for encouraging me to get this strand :eek:

It's white with pink, not creamy at all, of good shape without tails and the luster - oh, the luster!! It's almost metallic. Amazing presence on the neck, and a very good bargain at the price. Very glad I got this special strand :)

Baroque akoyas.JPG

Baroque akoyas center.JPG

Lugana- I'm so happy for you! That you have got it just makes the waiting harder! I hope, I'll get it next week! According to tracking system it has left the USA on 31.12.2016.

It looks beautiful on you, wear it in health!

Lugana, the baroque akoyas look fabulous on you! Just gorgeous luster. In the right light you'll see orient as well.

I've been lusting after those baroque akoyas for a couple of years. Every time I see them I kick myself for not buying some. Yours look gorgeous on you.

I feel the same way....but each time I tell myself I really don't need more akoya pearls.

Ooh do you wear akoyas? I've never seen you post them! I incorrectly assumed that you only wear Tahitians!

Well this made it back to the PP clearance page:

BF16-039_2FBR_WG_w_grande.jpg

Back