Show us your PP 12th day of Christmas Sale purchases!

Love your baroque strands, Katalin and moneymeister!

Katalin: Those look about 10 mm to me. I also use the ruler method described by BW (although I'm thinking of getting a caliper soon)

They look about right to me, too. I like them on you!
Turning the photo for you: Katalin's baroque akoya strand.jpg

Pearl Dreams thank you! I always post the picture from my phone, that's why they flip!

A few more pictures:
Alone on my white dressin table:
IMG_4232.jpg
Then a closeup. They have an incredible luster:
IMG_4231.jpg
Then next to my blue baroque Akoyas, which are 9-9.5 mm:
IMG_4233.jpg
And next to the drops from Wen. These drops are really shiny, but the akoyas outdo them!
IMG_4238.jpg

Originally I wanted to make a tin cup of them, but now I'm just going to enjoy them for a while. Their luster fascinates me!

So beautiful! !Love the blue akoyas, too.

If you go into your photo and crop just a little bit of the edge off before uploading, it will remain in the correct orientation :)

Ooh they are gorgoeus! And the size is perfect on you! Love your blues too.

It's taken some time but here are my graduated freshadama triple:

I sent the clasp to PP and bought another 3 inches of pearls:
IMG_8220.jpg

On the neck:
IMG_8225.jpg

I was worried that the freshadama wouldn't be 'white' enough but they turned out fine. Not as white as my super white strand but these are not creamish so I can wear them phew.
IMG_8566.jpg

They are 3.5 to 9.5mm (wanted to show the original listing but the pic is too small)
IMG_1518.jpg

So finally scratching my triple strand itch ever since I saw BAS' gorgeous triple metallics. Phew.

View attachment 49078

On the neck:
View attachment 49079

I was worried that the freshadama wouldn't be 'white' enough but they turned out fine. Not as white as my super white strand but these are not creamish so I can wear them phew.
View attachment 49080

They are 3.5 to 9.5mm (wanted to show the original listing but the pic is too small)
View attachment 49081

So finally scratching my triple strand itch ever since I saw BAS' gorgeous triple metallics. Phew.

they are wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BE STILL MY HEART! I love your triple strand. I love BAS's strand, too.
It's a look that's on my wish list.

What are the lengths of the strands?

I did a double strand on my grandmother's clasp, and debated on whether I should have done a triple, since it's a triple clasp.
But I didn't get graduated strands, because I wanted to wear the clasp in front. A triple wouldn't work unless I replaced my two even strands with thee graduated ones, like yours. I started with an 18" strand and added a 19" strand, and keep wondering if I should have gone with a 17" and 18" strand instead.

View attachment 49078

On the neck:
View attachment 49079

View attachment 49080

View attachment 49081

Oh be still my heart ;) Icy your necklace is worthy of a queen! Enjoy your new beauty! How about a rear neck shot so we can see your magnificent clasp?

Thank you all. The pearls are back in the safe and I need to pack for my HK trip but I'll be sure to do a rear shot when I'm back.

I asked for the strands to be 17, 18 and 19 inches without the clasp, and the clasp is nearly one inch so it works out to 18, 19, and 20 inches. Typically I prefer my strands to be at least 19 inches but for this I was worried that it will get a bit too long for my normal neckline/clothes.

I have to say that the Queen is a good reference. Can't count how many times I looked for pics of Queen E's triple pearls on Google!

Back