Show us your PP 12th day of Christmas Sale purchases!

This is the telling line in bold "Behold! The find of all finds! This extraordinarily beautiful and extraordinarily rare monthly special is here! 18 inches of the most lustrous, extra large, 9.5-10.0 mm baroque Akoya pearls we've ever discovered. We were so entranced , we bought them all up. Appropriately clasped with a 14k yellow gold laser ball, you'll feel your cheeks blush rose when the complements keep flowing. If you prefer a different length and clasp, please make your request in the Special Instructions box during checkout."

Do NOT hesitate on this one.

Here is my strand from this special.
Cell phone picture on Jeremy's desk
View attachment 46962

Beauty shot
View attachment 46963

I wear this strand often and really love it.
View attachment 46964

When I went to PP I took the freshwater metallic drop with me to see if I could match one of these strands. My drop is white with lots of pink overtones and the akoya strand I choose has matching pink overtones. These are special pearls and if there are a few leftover in the vault and you get one you will be very a very lucky girl.

they're wonderful...... i love that the drop that matches also

My 7.0-7.5 blue baroque akoyas came. I got to try them on, then put them in the safe til my birthday Feb 3. I may have been able to flirt my way into early acquisition, but that would be cheating. I will wait and bide my time. Was not sure about the small size, but they are bright and icy blue and hold their own just fine. 20161219_204242 (002).jpg

Attachments

• akoya.jpg
    akoya.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
omg those are so sweet ! I would have hesitated at the size but they look adorable! Colour is just lovely.

I love the color too! Very happy with the pearls, BUT...I may bump them up a size to the 8-8.5. The PSS has set in already... :/ Gah.

I love the color too! Very happy with the pearls, BUT...I may bump them up a size to the 8-8.5. The PSS has set in already... :/ Gah.

LOL that PSS is real ;) The 8 - 8.5 is a great size to bump up to. If you decide to keep this strand a thought might be to use it more like a chain for enhancers. That's what I do with my 8.5mm strand with the blue south sea.

IMG_0541.jpg

Does someone happen to have the white baroque akoya strand in 9-9.5 mm size? Are the pearls of that size also the same quality? I'm afraid the 9,5-10 mm is going to be too big for my purposes!
I admit, I always admired newberrys wire wrapped strand with this pearls, and I would like to make something similar myself. Sorry newberrys, I hope you take it as a compliment, not a copy cat! ��

Newberry, thanks for posting this shot. Lovely pearls and the enhancer is gorgeous. I think that size jump would be worth it. I appreciate the shot for comparison. Unfortunately, I can only re-home one strand right now. Oh those blue SS...sigh :)

money, I do love the colors on your blue strand...and you are too funny: "flirt my way"! I also really like newberry's idea of using it as a chain. If you did not want to use an enhancer, you could have the an orbit clasp put on the strand and hang the enhancer from that end.

LOVE your blues, money! But I'm a sucker for blues.

It doesn't take long for PSS to set in does it? It's contagious.

I do love small pearls, too, though. It's easier to pile them on with they're smaller. Not as heavy. Plus, it's easy to use the smaller ones to hang enhancers off.

Did anyone else snag the white freshadama graduated strands? I think they are the same as the ones the newberry saw during her July vault visit.

Does someone happen to have the white baroque akoya strand in 9-9.5 mm size? Are the pearls of that size also the same quality? I'm afraid the 9,5-10 mm is going to be too big for my purposes!
I admit, I always admired newberrys wire wrapped strand with this pearls, and I would like to make something similar myself. Sorry newberrys, I hope you take it as a compliment, not a copy cat! ��

Copy away !!!! I have always felt it is the highest form of flattery ;)

LOVE your blues, money! But I'm a sucker for blues.

It doesn't take long for PSS to set in does it? It's contagious.

I do love small pearls, too, though. It's easier to pile them on with they're smaller. Not as heavy. Plus, it's easy to use the smaller ones to hang enhancers off.

I just popped for the 8.5-9 set. they said they had a longer 20" strand (I called). Great customer service!

The silver blue baroques are gorgeous and really pop against your skin!

Oh, you're going to love a 20 inch strand of 8 1/2 - 9 mm blues. Wear them together!

Oh, you're going to love a 20 inch strand of 8 1/2 - 9 mm blues. Wear them together!

Well, I have to return the 7-7.5mm to get the 8.5-9mm, I CANNOT wait. :) The new Tahitians should be here tomorrow, too.!

Back