Show us your PP 12th day of Christmas Sale purchases!

I have the barogue Akoya in 9-9.5 mm. Was a bit underwhelmed at first but they are really big, have good luster if not perfect (gotta look at the price) with very few blemishes and look round. I think the pearls have been slightly pinked.

- Karin

Did anyone else snag the white freshadama graduated strands? I think they are the same as the ones the newberry saw during her July vault visit.

I didn't see the email until after the white was sold out -- rats! I would have loved to get one of those, I've been stalking graduated strands on eBay for months.

If someone was lucky, I'd love to see photos!

I will post photos later! It came today, and I would keep it if it were longer. The strands were listed as being 18", but the one I got was like...16.5".

I will post photos later! It came today, and I would keep it if it were longer. The strands were listed as being 18", but the one I got was like...16.5".

I've noticed that about graduated strands; they tend to be shorter, usually 16" or 17".

LOL that PSS is real ;) The 8 - 8.5 is a great size to bump up to. If you decide to keep this strand a thought might be to use it more like a chain for enhancers. That's what I do with my 8.5mm strand with the blue south sea.

View attachment 47008

I think the bump up is a great idea ...we can all attest to the very real effect of PSS on our choices. Get ahead of it now and start by buying bigger !

I completely agree with the idea of using the smaller ones for a 'chain' .. I picked up a couple of tiny Vietnamese Blue Akoya strands at the HK show for exactly that purpose . I've got a nice big BSS baroque that I thought to hang ....completely inspired by Newberrys photo! I just need to find the right bail.

Many of my enhancer bales have come from Gempacked and the one that Pearl Paradise has I have in three different sizes.

Thanks KarinK, Katbran & leukolenos...I called and they sent a picture of the strand they will make into the 20" It is the inside, darker strand with a couple of pearls from the outside strand. I am EXCITED! IMG_4750sm.jpg

Also, my Tahitans came today. I think they are great. have quite a few unusual colors and curious combo pearls. I love that!
Glamour shot TQN-081-06_A_grande.jpg
My indirect light shot
indirectsmall.jpgindirect2.jpg20161221_221001SMALL.jpg

I love the darker blue akoya strand you picked and the Tahitians are gorgeous!! So colourful! And they look beautiful on you.

Gorgeous Tahitians. They are very colorful and look superb on you!

Thanks Ladies. So funny how light changes the strand completely. I want to wear them in the shadows, always :) Also, I find neck shots challenging. I either shoot the pearls chest high pointing up, capturing my 50 something turkey waddle OR I shoot down and capture less pearl and spare you "the waddle". You're welcome
:)

Mm: I like your pics much better than the PP glamor shot. Love all the unusual colors. You really scored!

I didn't see the email until after the white was sold out -- rats! I would have loved to get one of those, I've been stalking graduated strands on eBay for months.

If someone was lucky, I'd love to see photos!

I got three strands and I hope they are a good match to make a triple. Will definitely post pics when I get them but it will be a while as I need to send them my clasp n then they need to travel to my part of the world.

Pls post pics. How did you find the luster, roundness n color (more creamy or quite white?). I think the strand length wasn't indicated? I asked and was told 17 inches.

Update: Hey you are right that the strand length was indicated as 18 inches. I'm going to write in and ask why it's shorter than indicated...

Last edited:
Love the colorful Tahitian strand, MM!

About the neck, Cher was once caught at an awards show with her wattle pulled back and taped up at the back of her neck. Apparently, it's an old trick. :p

Thanks Icyjade, JerseyPearl and Sea Urchin. Sometimes I over-think things, but when I saw the different colors on this necklace, I wondered if the pearls collected into a sort of head-scratch color box. Half-white/half-green, baby blue, bronze/golds? The pictures were taken with a piece of white paper curved over the top to act like a cheaters' light box. In bright light the magic is hidden and the colors go back to sleep. Tahitians are such moody pearls.

SeaUrchin, I would need trapping tape for my waddle HAHAHAHA. Poor Cher.

A couple more pictures of the funky bi-colors and so on
20161222_COLORS112943.jpg
201612SM22_112010.jpg

And then, in direct light they somewhat hide under the grey body color again.
20161222_113804HIDDENAGAIN.jpg

Last edited:
You have illustrated some wonderful points about why Tahitian pearls are so special. While there are some surface imperfections, the wonderful colors and rings draw the eye away from the flaws (minor as they are). You also help to vividly dispel the notion that Tahitian pearls are all dark green...and in fact come in a wide array of colors! I think baroque Tahitian pearls are my ideal pearl...you can certainly wear them when formally dressed, but they are also quite comfortable being worn with jeans and a tee. I really love this last set of photos you have posted...you have a gorgeous strand!

You have illustrated some wonderful points about why Tahitian pearls are so special. While there are some surface imperfections, the wonderful colors and rings draw the eye away from the flaws (minor as they are). You also help to vividly dispel the notion that Tahitian pearls are all dark green...and in fact come in a wide array of colors! I think baroque Tahitian pearls are my ideal pearl...you can certainly wear them when formally dressed, but they are also quite comfortable being worn with jeans and a tee. I really love this last set of photos you have posted...you have a gorgeous strand!

Thanks JerseyPearl. I think baroque Tahitians will always be my favorite too. I like the interest in the imperfections and one-off colors. Thanks for looking and your thoughts and I am glad you didn't mind the extra pictures. Trying to document for those who are color curious.

Back