Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

oooh Luvglitz, that stack is just sexy.

JP, lovely!

Pareltje those are gorgeous, I love the colors.

Katbran, I'm not sure, I need to measure them. They're pretty big, maybe 12-13mm? The smaller ones are in the 8-10mm range.

All so gorgeous ladies. After a long day at work it's so nice to see all these beautiful pearls that you all wear do well

Pareltje your Tahitians are just gorgeous! Where are they from?

MSC I've used that type of clasp before, they are quite nifty!

Pareltje, that is glorious; one of the prettiest combinations I've ever seen ... stunning!

Thank you BWeaves, battah, Kalmen22, hanadama, newberry and CathyKeshi for your lovely and appreciative compliments. People often look at my pearls disdainfully and think they are beads.
Hanadama, they are from Manapearl in French Polynesia.

Oh, I get "Nice beads" comments on my Hanadamas all the time. I figure nobody is going to steal them because they have no idea other than they look nice. And the more layers of pearls I wear, the less expensive people think they are, sadly.

It's been one of those weeks where it's a struggle to concentrate on anything. But I've managed to put some pearls on :)
image.jpg

JP, if you love it and have the funds then go for it! Personally I found many of their pieces beyond my budget. But I do have an expensive taste.... I have the taste for a bottle of champagne but the budget of beer! I should add, their individual pictures are taken in a light box, I think. So, expect darker colors IRL.
MSC, your earrings are lovely hearts in the eyes icon!

Last edited:
Pareltje, I'm trying to figure out how to copy it! I actually think it would make a beautiful bracelet design.
MSC, your pearls are really beautiful, I love the mis-matched wearing of the pearls, while the second stud ties both together...very cool.

Pareltje, I'm trying to figure out how to copy it! I actually think it would make a beautiful bracelet design.
MSC, your pearls are really beautiful, I love the mis-matched wearing of the pearls, while the second stud ties both together...very cool.

Thanks, Jersey!
You could use deco bracelets as a construction reference for that choker to bracelet design. I've seen many similar examples of pearl bracelets with that format from the deco period. I've been doing some research on this for when I amass enough small pipis to make a deco style wire woven bracelet.
Examples:

IMG_2101.jpg
IMG_0871.jpg
IMG_0873.jpg

JP, it shouldn't be too difficult to copy it. You can drill pearls? You only need the pearls, stringing wire, clasp... Manapearl does string their necklaces with rubber spacer beads. Between the pearls close to the clasp.
MSC, I would love to see a mountain of pipis of yours. Never tired of looking at them... the golden ones... sigh!

Oooooh JP that choker is incredible! I have some idea of how they put it together, but it would require 3 holes in most of the pearls, so you wouldn't be able to remake the piece into anything else. I can try to sketch something for you.

View attachment 45665
My latepost. This is what I wore on Monday. Tahitian keshis and 8-9mm circle Tahitians.

Absolutely gorgeous together !! Marvellous colours!!

MSC love the mismatch !

JP - I think that would make a stunning bracelet - choker is a bit much for me but I like the idea of the bracelet. I'm wondering if the connecting pearls are on silver wire that is then glued into a third hole that's been drilled into the top and bottom pearl? Unless they are weaving a third strand through.... hmmmmm...be interesting to see what you come up with !!!

Last edited:
Back