Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

A first look at my Sea of Cortez mabes after setting. I'm planning to pick up the earrings tomorrow, and then do a separate thread. But, in the meantime, here is the pendant.

Sea of Cortez mabe, selected at the 2014 PP Ruckus and set by T Lee Designer Jewelry of Minneapolis. Setting is 18k yellow gold with 9 lavender sapphires.

Getting a neck shot of this baby is really tricky because all the camera sees is reflected light.

Part of the intention with the design was to have the piece coordinate with the T Lee elevation ring I had made with my PP Tahitian pistachio round from the Connoisseur sale last summer.

C_0375.jpg
c_0357.jpg
Synth ruby in Scandinavian design 2
c_0342.jpg

Oh, Red, I wish you could see my smile ear-to-ear! Thanks for sharing your wonderful, unique, gorgeously set mabe. I am so happy to see one of Douglas' pearls set so thoughtfully and beautifully! Are you over the moon?!

The shape of your mabe is just wonderful. The colors in your second shot are glorious.

Wear in the best of health, Pearl Sister!

I thought it would make you happy, my dear BAS. I remain a bit nervous until I see the results of the earrings, however. But, I am most pleased with this pendant. Simply set, but with a little accent that leaves the pearl as the star.

And it echoes the ring so nicely -- I expect the earrings to be stunners.

These beautiful pearl pictures are so fun to see. I wish that all pearl girls would would remind us and post the size of pearls in MM, for strands, pendants, earrings etc. It helps to get a sense of scale we are viewing. Just say-in!

Oh, Red! They are both scrumptious. I can't wait to see the earrings! Good for you.

WOW, Red ... I was momentarily speechless ... not for long LOL ... your new pendant is just glorious, and so delicious with your ring ... that's a shout out loud posting for us :) Congratulations, and can't wait to see the earrings ... oh, and that's the perfect shirt with the pendant ...

Ooh, Red, that's such a high end designer look with the pendant and ring. Very nice!

Also, does anyone else long to see pics of all of Barbara's pearls in a giant pile? Bunches of pearls really do make such lovely photos if you get the background and lighting right. Imagine them blown up, framed, and hung in the bedroom or bathroom. :)

Beautiful mabe pendant and I love your ring. Thank you for sharing your beautiful jewelry photos!

Thank you for your kind comments about my Sea of Cortez mabe pendant BAS, newberry, Frost Me, JerseyPearl, GemGeek, Marianne, CathyKeshi, Sea Urchin, and kelluvpearls.

I checked with the designer today, and my Sea of Cortez mabe earrings will not be ready for another week. So, please be patient as they work their magic. I'm planning to wait until all the pieces are done before starting a separate thread.

Today, little h geode earrings and Art Deco triple golden akoya:

neck shot 3-13-15.jpg
close-up.jpg

Red - What a tribute to a fantastic pearl! You are blessed to work with an incredible designer, using one-of-a-kind pearls. It's simple yet elegant with that hint of lavender sparkle. I love your collection!

BAS - You're killing me with your doubles and triples! My wish list looks like your jewelry box!

funky_pearl - Great bracelets! They're fun to wear 'cause you can enjoy them too!

Back