• Become a Pearl Insider!

Register as a member today for exclusive access to, member only insider info, incredible contests to exotic locations, and have your questions answered by pearl experts from around the world.

Join the community today. Just click Register at the top!

Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

BWeaves

OOOO, JEG, I love the layers. I never think of layering my pearls like that. I'll have to go play in my pearl box. I also love your sweater and the buttons.

BWeaves

Happy Valentine's Day, Pearl friends! I went retro today. Also, it got cold today, so back to cashmere and wool tweed.

Ruby hearts and akoya drops. Nana's necklace redone with Freshadamas. Mom's circle pin.

49888E9C-C1AE-4D55-9099-00E07625E9B0_1_201_a.jpg

56B9AB76-2414-4BD8-A589-133805E65E86_1_201_a.jpg

7A9C321A-B343-41BF-BBAE-0100AAB4C952_1_201_a.jpg

Mom's akoya ring and freshie bracelet.

1E84A5B2-78A6-4682-BB9E-F6EAEC8944BD_1_201_a.jpg

Charlotta

I am notoriously bad at remembering to photograph the pearls that I do wear every day. They tend to be rather blurry, mostly because of the light I think. Recently I wore my ombre tahitian rope from Cees, my new golden south sea ripple rope from Pearlescence, that I made endless last week, and my aubergine tahitian studs from Oceanscove. I had this combination on for several days. After removing the clasp o the golden ripples the two ropes nests perfectly.
_20200215_154146.jpg
Then I used my rainbow strand and my colorchanging edison huggies from Pearlescence for several days as well and this morning.
_20200215_153601.jpg
Then I took some photos of my deep golden south sea studs from Pearlescence and suddenly craved wearing golden pearls so added my deep golden south sea strand from Cees and the studs (removed the edisons of course).
_20200215_152853.jpg
Played some with the golden strand and the rainbow strand.
_20200215_152927.jpg
_20200215_153045.jpg
But now I am only wearing the golden set.
_20200215_153518.jpg

Last edited:

Charlotta

Thank you Bweaves. I feel very fortunate to have these strands to play with. Pearls are not generally worn in sweden, except for round white ones. Recently some designer used some "baroque" pearls in some designs for earrings I think, they were quite popular with some influencers... Funnily enough they did use the word baroque as if it was a new sort of pearl. I don't know what kind of pearl it was, probably freshwaters. The price wasn't that high. The pearls wasn't all that good either. One thinks that if you are to write an article on something you do a smidge of research...

TXPearlLV

Jeg, I love everything about this look! I’m sure you have several of us looking for gssp strands and pendants! I would love to just frolic in your pearl stash! (Sorry, I forgot to hit the reply with quote button)

AzFlyGirl

Jeg, I adore your combination of GSS pearls, with that lovely sweater. Looks elegant and oh so pretty ! I think that is one of my favorite combos of your wardrobe and GSSs to date I have seen.

Charlotta love your rope that you doubled in the one picture. The colors look lovely against your skin, and delightful as a double strand. Nice to see all the your nice strands and your style.

BWeaves I adore your retro look. Those earrings were perfect for Valentines day, and are so unique and pretty. And the white pearls your wore are a classic, and classics never go out of style. A very elegant look.

Gemandpearlover

Jeg- love the way you layered your GSS pearls with the keshi pearls and SS pendant. Very stylish.

BWeaves your retro look is beautiful. I especially love the ruby and Akoya earrings. Very classic look.

Charlotta the rainbow strand looks really good with the GSS strand. I love how the rainbow strand lays over the GSS strand- giving a golden backdrop to the exciting colors of the rainbow strand.

Charlotta

Thank you AzFlyGirl and Gemandpearllover. I did wear my old sweater inside whilst taking the photos, smallest kitten still climbs on me sometimes and I don't want her to ruin my cashmere sweaters. She is fast, so I always has to change as soon as I get indoors. She has in fact made several holes in the indoor sweater as well.

jeg

Traveling Pearl
Thanks so much, Marianne, BWeaves, CathyKeshi, Charlotta, TXPearlLV, AzFlyGirl, and Gemandpearlover! :eek:

I had fun playing with messy layers over several days last week, but didn’t have a chance to take pics of all of them. Here are a few of them-
Freshwater strand from Hong Kong, Tahitian keshi pearl chain, Andy Muller mini wave strand, and an Edison pendant from PP.
4956EB12-1122-422B-86A8-FDF08E384443.jpeg

C33CA8CE-5541-418A-8E53-54CFEBDF3835.jpg

0AE36A18-6370-456A-B87D-C6EA03E53F36.jpg

Very baroque blue Akoya from Kojima, Vietnamese Akoya mix from Hong Kong, custom Kojima strand of mixed SS and Akoya, silver blue Akoya from PP.
1A1B5C73-3A18-40BB-BEF9-B737AFF8CF3F.jpeg

F7ACFCD7-3A6D-46A2-B56C-4AB2A3A8467C.jpg

Light silver Tahitian strand from PP, Vietnamese Akoya mix from Hong Kong, scatter tin cup from PP, Tahitian pendant from Hawaii.AED22B73-AA24-4AF9-AF7E-867ACA409BEA.jpg

EABF485E-725F-4E73-B362-DF62BFD4DEB3.jpg

Gemandpearlover

Not glamorous but I love the soft pastel freshwaters. Today I am wearing a 36 inch light pink/lavender necklace doubled up. The pearls are 9.5 to 10.5mm. I think the pastels go really good with grey which I tend to wear a lot of during the winter months.

IMG_4324.jpg