• Become a Pearl Insider!

Register as a member today for exclusive access to, member only insider info, incredible contests to exotic locations, and have your questions answered by pearl experts from around the world.

Join the community today. Just click Register at the top!

Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Lady_Disdain

Lately, I've been doing a lot of sitting around and waiting. And I don't do waiting well - I need to be doing something. So, it was the perfect time to master knotting a long rope. This was the result. The knotting visibly improves along the length and I did have some trouble managing the length. Mid way through, I decided to change the knotting technique, so there is that as well. Regardless, it was a good experiment and learning experience. I am now ready for a "serious" long rope.

7mm baroque akoya
18k gold forged clasp (that can slip between pearls, nestling, to allow a Y necklace)

IMG_20170626_1803379.jpg

CathyKeshi

Looks great Lady_Disdain! At your convenience, could we ask for a closeup of the forged clasp ... one of yours?

BWeaves

Red, those are gorgeous!

Beatriz, I'm impressed. I'm done in after doing a 36 inch rope. I invariably accidentally break the thread when I'm almost done. I'm now in orbit clasp mode. They link together so well that I can make a rope of any length from shorter necklaces.

battah

Red, what a delicious combo you have! Love it.

Beatriz, beautiful work on the rope. It's lovely.

battah

Today's offering, after taking Jersey's excellent advice and putting this pendant on a spinel strand. I'm playing with adding tiny seed pearls to these pieces, what do you think?

Snapseed.jpg

battah

Thank you, JP and Cathy! I just ordered a bunch more of the seed pearls, the ideas are flowing... I had a bit of artist's block for a while but I think it's finally passing.

Lugana

Cicadalady, I love your jacket!!

I was wearing my baroque akoyas today. Never thought this strand would be of so much wear when buying it))

Baroque white akoyas.JPG

Akoya baroque outfit.JPG

Cicadalady

Laguna - That's a great length on you. That may be one reason you find so many uses for it. (Besides the fact that it's gloriously gorgeous!)