• Become a Pearl Insider!

Register as a member today for exclusive access to, member only insider info, incredible contests to exotic locations, and have your questions answered by pearl experts from around the world.

Join the community today. Just click Register at the top!

Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

lisa c

Perpetual Pearl Student
Hurray, Marianne!

maybe sitting on pearls that closely seen together is like sitting on one of those chunky-wood-bead mats?
if I were making the dress, I might have an open seam/vent all down the seat, to make two panels. That way you could have an underskirt to sit on, not pearls.

Last edited:

JerseyPearl

Wonder what kind of pearls they were...the pearls on the bodice seemed quite large. Overall it was beautiful
22-OSCARS-NOTEWORTHY-slide-0ALQ-superJumbo.jpg

pkinnew

crickett - Those lavenders are amazing!

I'm wearing my natural white Hanadamas today and really don't like the pictures. But hey, some days are better than others!

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 032.jpg
    032.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 036.jpg
    036.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 034.jpg
    034.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 0

pkinnew

Gorgeous, lucious pearls! Ear shots please!

Today I'm wearing a Tahitian strand purchased from PP this last summer. It's a go-to strand with turtlenecks lately but they sure don't photograph very well (maybe I shouldn't blame the pearls lol!).

002.jpg007.jpg018.jpg021.jpgkelluvpearls -

Red

I'm wearing my natural white Hanadamas today and really don't like the pictures. But hey, some days are better than others!

I beg to differ. Your photos show some spectacular pearls! :)

Edit: Whoa! Please bring them back. I liked those pearly white photos.

Last edited:

cyndayco

Mabe pearls and opal on silver

Mabe pearls and opal on silver

For months, I obsessed about this mabe pearl and opal necklace on Ebay, but I was afraid I wouldn't like it in real life. So when it went on sale last month, I decided to take the plunge.

I don't know if the mabe pearls are saltwater or freshwater, but the silver was crafted in Indonesia. Being in the 11mm range, it has a decent amount of shine and surface quality. The opals are 6x4mm have a surprising amount of fire, given that it's sold on Ebay.

IMG_3075.jpg

IMG_3072.jpg

IMG_3067.jpg

IMG_3064.jpg

IMG_3059.jpg

BAS

WOW! What a fantastic and unique piece! How nice that you'd wanted it and it went on sale! I'd love more neck shots when you get a chance. In different lighting.

Congrats and wear in health!

CathyKeshi

Cyndaco, that's spectacular! Do you know where the mabe' pearls are from, or the origin of the necklace?
Oh, sorry; went back and read again ... now that you have the necklace, what do you think about "saltwater versus freshwater" on the mabes?

cyndayco

CathyKeshi, the merchant says the mabe pearls are from saltwater oysters grown in Sulawesi, Indonesia. For opals, he used Australian doublets.

That mabe pearls are saltwater make sense, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Chinese figure out how to grow mabe pearls in freshwater mussels.