Show Me Your Fancy Color Metallic Freshwater Pearls!!

This thread is dangerous. It feeds my pearl obsession although I already have a lot of exotic metallic fwps and I still think I haven't had enough. I have to stay away from it LOL.

Pearl Dreams, thank you so much for the fascinating history of "metallic pearls"! I think I should be grateful that freshwater pearls are getting better every year, and young pearl fans like me got to see and actually be able to afford fancy pearls occasionally, despite having average budget.
Adding to this thread, I just got my hand on this "rainbow metallic pearl" and it looks gorgeous even when being compared to Sea of Coryez pearls! Also I saw this old Youtube video from Douglas from Sea of Cortez pearl farm, in which he showed how to see pearls' overtones by dipping them in water. I had fun doing it with these rainbow pearls. Of course, I used drinking water so that there's no chemicals that can harm my pearls (hopefully). The 'wet shots' are the two bottom photos.
20180302_165737.jpg
20180302_165841.jpg
20180302_165858.jpg
20180302_165915.jpg
20180302_170210.jpg
20180302_170011.jpg

I would love to find a large fireball with a frilly skirt in white with good luster & a blue/grey/ pinkish metallic sheen. Anyone have any sources I can go to? I want to have a pendant or tin cup style necklace made for the warmer months of the year.

86Corvettegirl when it comes to loose fireball pearls I often go to Wen, Kong and recently Fanda pearl (haven't purchased from them tho). Of course, our fav vendors Pearl Paradise and Kojima carry fireball pearl jewelries too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks PD for the history!
Suchi, the oil slick color is fantastic! .... Earshot is required.

I would love to find a large fireball with a frilly skirt in white with good luster & a blue/grey/ pinkish metallic sheen. Anyone have any sources I can go to? I want to have a pendant or tin cup style necklace made for the warmer months of the year.
Pearl Paradise currently has a nice large metallic fireball. I took a look at it in person when I was there during the ruckus, and it is large with no dull spots and gorgeous overtones. It was slightly creamy, which is why I passed on it. Still, a beautiful pearl.

Here are my 8 way roller metallic earrings 2009

Lav-Earrings.jpg

Color shift metallic 2011

05-16-11adropFWnecklace tin cup.jpg

My metallic color shift necklace

berry2.jpg

Ice pink metallic 2010 with one of the first souffle pearls

9-30-10cSouffle pearl setting.jpg

White metallic strand with white metallic drop earrings

birthdaydrops.jpg

Metallic drop pendent and earrings 2013

drop-earrings-pendent.jpg

Pendant now on the baroque akoyas

_29137.jpg

Wow, gorgeous pearls, Newberry! Love those first soufflé pearls!

I was planning on wearing my fabulous baby Edison rope, but I couldn't find that darn safe deposit box key. So it's an old photo. Still looking for the key, of course!

babies.jpg

I love the colors and size of your beautiful strand GemGeek, lucky you!

Last edited:
After reading a Pearl Dreams post #62 I was curious about a new strand I recently adopted and wanted to share.
I have been reaching for smaller pearls due to such hot weather in the Midwest lately and I didn’t
have a multi color strand. I am really happy with the quality of the pearls. The metallic luster really glows.
The PP certificate reads: Freshwater 6.5 -7 mm Freshadama,Gem,Metallic., Oct. 2009. It’s a oldy!

8028588E-25B2-49B1-85F2-26719A0820CA.jpg

Really beautiful pearls, both GemGeek's and Frost Me's. Multicolor strands are so easy to wear.

Tiny buy mighty is right!

I love metallic freshwater pearls. I do have a strand of pink metallics but I'm not sure if I have a picture. I do have a picture of my newly acquired coppery/greenish/shifty ring from the PP VIP sale earlier this year. It's hard to see anything other than gold in any picture I take of it though.

Edited - I was able to find a picture of the pink metallic strand with the metallic Edison drop. Sorry, all the pictures are sideways.
20180511_160415.jpg
20180511_160419.jpg
20171127_133912.jpg

Love the all pink , so what I love, what is the size? lary007 Try shooting late late afternoon or cloudy morning you might expose more colors in your fabulous ring! Very nice!

Thanks! The strand is 7.0-7.5 and the Edison is 14ish I think..cant remember exactly. The ring is 8mm.

A beauty from PP I picked out for my granddaughter's 17th birthday. PP's setting and necklace.

IMG_0700.jpg

Back