Sea of Cortez on eBay

I also emailed the seller some valid information and she did not absorb that information… $10 at my local bead store… less at a trade show.

We are on a flight back from a short post-ruckus getaway and this is one of the first things I see :(

Very disappointing. Maybe if the creator and only farmer of the Sea of Cortez pearl were to send this seller a message ...

The eBay listing is really really strange. Attribution of photos does not prove validation of the item :( I hope Douglas gets it pulled fast.

We are on a flight back from a short post-ruckus getaway and this is one of the first things I see :(

Very disappointing. Maybe if the creator and only farmer of the Sea of Cortez pearl were to send this seller a message ...

Hi there friends! Just noticed this thread...sad state of affairs. This is just becoming so common :(
Today we have been "hit" with a major internet problem...it works for minutes, then offline for 30 minutes...again and again...

Will try to reach ebay on this. Thank you all for the ALERT :) and for your continued support!

Unable to connect to the site :(

I have reported it. Let's see what happens now with eBay but I will also Twit and FB this info... a BIG Thank you to all :D
God Bless you!

Douglas, if there's anything else you'd like your "aunties" to do to help, please let us know. This is just so wrong!

Cathy, are you chairwoman of this Pearl Defense front hahahaha?

Cees, no I think that's Pattye's job LOL ... but I volunteer to be a foot soldier if needed ...

Haha, Cees, we're the Pearl-Guide "Pearl Police." Many members who find listings that misidentify pearls and have grossly inflated prices post about them here, we contact the seller, and also report to Ebay or Ruby Lane, or Etsy, the most common sources of fraudulent listings to date.

Another message from our seller tonight:

Wow are a very rude person. I see im not the first person you have done this. Im going to find out if you have a degree or if you are a liar....im almost 100% that you are a liar. You should be ashamed at youself...you talk to people like they are dirt. Its not the things you and your buddies say to people or how you all laugh and crack jokes about them thats sad its you and your buddies who are sad. I feel sorry for people like you....its a shame. As soon as the listing ends i will send you a photo of my conversation with sea of cortez pearls!

- jillin32

How can we not make fun of someone who is so obviously a liar and a cheat? They always turn it around and try and make the innocent person look bad. Ridiculous.

We should ask him to shine a black light on the pearls to see if they glow pink! I am getting sick and tired of all the dishonest people out there, whether on ebay or just in general. It is one thing to not know, but to know and mislead is really immoral. Ebay should hire Pattye as their pearl fraud investigator!

I am interested in that conversation with Sea of Cortez - might someone be impersonating?

Yes, especially since the owner of the Sea of Cortez pearls himself has come on here and said that these are not his pearls.

Pattye - Thank you for doing this. Of course these rip-off artists are upset when we expose their schemes. Knowing you, I'm sure that you never said anything rude.

Back