Questions on beading essentials

Oh, that's great! We're all here, cheering you on and available when questions arise!

Thank you Pattye, just finished restringing my peach potato pearls, I hope to get better with more practice. I used the shell colour beader's secret., get colour match. The big needles are excellent and the thread thickness is great, able to pass through the pearls twice with double thickness. I did a few mistakes but luckily I was able to untie the knot. :p I will have many more questions later on.

Thank you to PD for the excellent tutorial sticky.

Last edited:
JP here's the finished product!
image.jpg

Thank you for the encouragement Pattye and Katbran, it's not my first knotting attempt but I haven't tried knotting for several years now except the failed Tahitianbracelet, hold this one holds up. :p

Love the peach color on you, Kelluvpearls! Bet you will be knotting a lot more now you have Beader's Secret :)

Thanks JP and Tucs. However I need to restring! The third knot (the starting third) came loose and there's now a huge gap there, this seems to be an ongoing issue with my stringing! Plu the other knots are a bit loose, oh well I'll try again soon.

You all have covered the beading essentials really well! I would just add thin, long straight pins. Sometimes if the thread starts to kink, slipping a pin in the loop keeps it from knotting(twisting back) on itself and I can continue to carefully pull the thread through. I also use a pin when doubling back, at the side of a pearl with a tight knot where the needle will be exiting. (I very seldom ream out a pearl to double back, but the fit can be pretty tight.)

As GemGeek mentioned elsewhere, a 10X loupe~because there are times we need a really good look at what's what, no matter what kind of knotting, beading, pearl checking we're doing!

Kelluvpearls, sorry to hear about the redo; it happens. You'll just get better and better~

Last edited:
I am doing a test run with 5 pearls, I glued the quadruple thread knot, hopefully it will hold this time. I will be stress testing it first. JP the gap was like 1 cm long so I must redo the necklace.
What do you think of combining the peach with these flesh colour pearls?
I am not sure what I am going do with the apatities, here I muxed it with some pink tourmalines; maybe another tin cup type but with metallic multicolor pearls like Ckricketts' arrangement?

Attachments

• 20151117_163002.jpg
    20151117_163002.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 22
  • 20151117_163002.jpg
    20151117_163002.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 21
Hi Katbran
Thank you for your encouragement!
The gem rondelles aren't for the peach pearls, just playing around with the colour combo at the moment,

Those little rondelles make a cute bracelet ... just slide a couple of little gold beads on and clasp the end :) Nice little stacking bracelet !
Yes I was thinking of using Elasticity so no clasps, how about a few of Jac's keshis? Separate colour or mix? Maybe one of each colour and a mix. thank Katbran for the prompts!

Back