The National Pearl Association of the United States

jshepherd

Pearl Party People looking for this "Appraised Pearl Value Chart" from the National Pearl Association of the United States please read this.

Bo Perry from the Providence office of the Cultured Pearl Association of America called me on Friday to vent a bit of frustration. He has been getting calls, almost on a daily basis, from people asking for some sort of "pearl size value chart" put out by some organization called "The National Pearl Association of the United States."

His response has been the same every time: there is no such organization and the chart you're describing would be impossible to legitimately produce.

Bo asked me to help stop the telephone calls and I thought a new thread here might help.

The National Pearl Association of the United States does not exist. It has never existed. It was made up by a "pearl oyster party" company in order to create a Appraised Pearl Value chart. This chart is not legitimate. The values are completely made up.

1. It's impossible to assign a pearl's value simply by it's size. Can you do that with diamonds or any other gemstones? Of course not. It's the quality and type of pearl that determines the value.

2. The chart states blue/silver and black are the most valuable. These are not natural colors. They are the least valuable.

3. The statement "We ONLY have EXCELLENT quality, the finest available in the industry!" is demonstrably false. The finest qualities would NEVER be inserted into an oyster and sold for a couple dollars apiece.

So please stop emailing and calling the Cultured Pearl Association of America. Do some Google research. Learn the name of the company that made up the association and call them.

Last edited:
While you're at it party people, stop asking to buy oysters.

The factory faked oysters opened at these parties are an inferior sub-species unsuitable for farming.

There is no scenario where farmers can or willingly produce anything that you've been misled to believe.

Be grateful I'm using my gentleman filter, at this moment.

For a while there we were getting a lot of new threads inquiring where to buy these oysters, but not so much this past month. Progress?

I think the research that lead people here is now well enough populated throughout Google, their questions are answered. Just type in buy pearl in oyster and a bunch of PG threads are right at the top of the results.

When searching for the National Pearl Association of the United States, the CPAA is the first result. That's why they are getting inundated with calls and emails. I am hoping this thread will put an end to that.

Things have slowed a bit on Facebook finally too. We were getting daily inquiries about buying pearl oysters and a lot of people offering to sell us individual pearls and "twins," as they call them.

For a while there we were getting a lot of new threads inquiring where to buy these oysters, but not so much this past month. Progress?

Yes. Less in my inbox too. More than a hundred in January down to a dozen in February and just a handful during March. None in the past week.

It needed to run it's course and it's happening rapidly. Quicker than I might have otherwise expected under the circumstances.

Education and consumer advocacy are powerful tools.

Seems some ignorant peeps are changing their tactics and contacting Celeste and Josh at Kamoka Pearls website on a near daily basis asking to buy oysters with Tahitian pearls inside.

Seems some ignorant peeps are changing their tactics and contacting Celeste and Josh at Kamoka Pearls website on a near daily basis asking to buy oysters with Tahitian pearls inside.

Exasperating!!

Shared on PPS facebook page. Thanks.

I feel so bad for vendors that are fighting a fire that has nothing to do with their business model.
Honestly, I will be so happy when I can "retire" that page and move on.

Last edited:
Jeremy if we provide attribution back to you can we use these words on blogs etc?

Wow!!! When will this bad dream end? It is one lie after another.... :eek:

Back