• Become a Pearl Insider!

Register as a member today for exclusive access to, member only insider info, incredible contests to exotic locations, and have your questions answered by pearl experts from around the world.

Join the community today. Just click Register at the top!

Questions on beading essentials

kelluvpearls

Consumer
Oh, that's great! We're all here, cheering you on and available when questions arise!

Thank you Pattye, just finished restringing my peach potato pearls, I hope to get better with more practice. I used the shell colour beader's secret., get colour match. The big needles are excellent and the thread thickness is great, able to pass through the pearls twice with double thickness. I did a few mistakes but luckily I was able to untie the knot. :p I will have many more questions later on.

Thank you to PD for the excellent tutorial sticky.

Last edited:

kelluvpearls

Consumer
Thank you for the encouragement Pattye and Katbran, it's not my first knotting attempt but I haven't tried knotting for several years now except the failed Tahitianbracelet, hold this one holds up. :p

Marianne

Love the peach color on you, Kelluvpearls! Bet you will be knotting a lot more now you have Beader's Secret :)

kelluvpearls

Consumer
Thanks JP and Tucs. However I need to restring! The third knot (the starting third) came loose and there's now a huge gap there, this seems to be an ongoing issue with my stringing! Plu the other knots are a bit loose, oh well I'll try again soon.

pattye

Pearl Scholar
You all have covered the beading essentials really well! I would just add thin, long straight pins. Sometimes if the thread starts to kink, slipping a pin in the loop keeps it from knotting(twisting back) on itself and I can continue to carefully pull the thread through. I also use a pin when doubling back, at the side of a pearl with a tight knot where the needle will be exiting. (I very seldom ream out a pearl to double back, but the fit can be pretty tight.)

As GemGeek mentioned elsewhere, a 10X loupe~because there are times we need a really good look at what's what, no matter what kind of knotting, beading, pearl checking we're doing!

Kelluvpearls, sorry to hear about the redo; it happens. You'll just get better and better~

Last edited:

kelluvpearls

Consumer
I am doing a test run with 5 pearls, I glued the quadruple thread knot, hopefully it will hold this time. I will be stress testing it first. JP the gap was like 1 cm long so I must redo the necklace.
What do you think of combining the peach with these flesh colour pearls?
I am not sure what I am going do with the apatities, here I muxed it with some pink tourmalines; maybe another tin cup type but with metallic multicolor pearls like Ckricketts' arrangement?

Attachments

• 20151117_163002.jpg
    20151117_163002.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 0
  • 20151117_163002.jpg
    20151117_163002.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 0

kelluvpearls

Consumer
Hi Katbran
Thank you for your encouragement!
The gem rondelles aren't for the peach pearls, just playing around with the colour combo at the moment,

kelluvpearls

Consumer
Those little rondelles make a cute bracelet ... just slide a couple of little gold beads on and clasp the end :) Nice little stacking bracelet !
Yes I was thinking of using Elasticity so no clasps, how about a few of Jac's keshis? Separate colour or mix? Maybe one of each colour and a mix. thank Katbran for the prompts!