Pteria Times Two: ICPGC harvest.

Congratulations! It's very mesmerizing. You have a very unique and exquisite collection.

Steve, what's the length of this piece? Thanks!

Congratulations,
Mixing pearls of different origins, colors, orients, highlights each one sided by the next one... beautiful !
Baroques are my favorites, each one is unique... and gives a way to "freedom for pearls", oysters creating what they "want" to ... (if an oyster could ever "want" something someday ...);)

Mixing pearls of different origins, colors, orients, highlights each one sided by the next one... beautiful !
Baroques are my favorites, each one is unique... and gives a way to "freedom for pearls", oysters creating what they "want" to ... (if an oyster could ever "want" something someday ...);)

I liked that one .....

But my Eli says that what oysters really want is for people to stop poking around in their private parts. ;)

Baroques are my favorites, each one is unique...
Thanks for this good description. Indeed each pearl's beauty is enhanced through contrast with its neighbors.

But in diversity uniformity also exists, as evidenced by the curious matching with the Sea of Cortez keshi. Our affection for that bracelet was no doubt the spark for our interest in PteriaX2.

But in diversity uniformity also exists,

So that's a fantastic thing that happens to pearl lovers : matching what cannot be matched at first glance
and the bracelet is very very nice in such consideration.

An update, and a Pearl-Guide success story.

About 10 days ago 'PX2' suffered an unravelling at the large clasp end, nearly losing the last pearl. Jeremy Norris was sympathetic and offered to restring at his cost if we couldn't find a local source. Credit to Pearly Shell (Donna), who provided an excellent referral in the Seattle area (I've encouraged this person to check out Pearl-Guide, she would be an excellent contributor).

At Jeremy's suggestion, French wire was added at each clasp, which has enhanced the necklace's overall richness in addition to providing the extra level of security. When we got the necklace home, we also noticed that the first and third pearls from the large clasp end had been switched (in hindsight, the jeweler did have a twinkle in her eye). While not technically correct for graduated sizing, she obviously noticed how perfectly matched each end would be with those twin doublets. Jeremy approves!

We also took advantage to check the necklace under UV light, looking for the Pteria Sterna via their reddish glow. Indeed, and as previously advised, about one third of the pearls demonstrated this phenomenon.

Attachments

• PX2(Restrung).jpg
    PX2(Restrung).jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 49
Great story! You can't post too many photos of PX2! It's a STAR!!! ;)

?perhaps it wants a more glam name than PX2--??
No doubt 'PX2' should remain among us as strictly insider lingo. I actually find the abbreviation endearing?as a sign of acceptance at high levels!

Pteria Times Two it is, and I will forever remain on guard for the first smart aleck to try Pteria Ptimes Ptwo.

I was having fun with PX2. Definitely non-glam, but oh so fun! But clearly not as fun as Ptwo, which reminds me of Ptooi! Or is it Ptooey?

Steve,

I'm so glad to see your beautiful strand back in one piece! It is too fabulous!!

Donna,

Thanks again for the referral. I encourage you to visit Tammy soon and help recruit her to Pearl-Guide. She'd make a good addition to the Seattle contingent at the next ICPGC!

Wow! Excellentia in Excelsis! Loved the necklace (and I approve its name...catchy and unique) and I did notice the keshi bracelet from Carolyn Ehret... loved the idea of matching Pteria pearls...

Back