Pink Mississippi River Pearls

mausketeer

there are some lovely pink mississippi river pearls on eBay RIGHT NOW and i can`t bid on them because i`m `international`! argh! there is one bid per pearl and it is ridiculously low (twelve bucks!). i hope it`s someone on here (if i run the price up with this, please forgive me!)

go get ?m people! they end at 1:00 PM atlantic time....... half an hour.....

- jodie -

might help if i included the listings.... duh......these folks are selling quite a few but these were the largest and prettiest.....
http://www.ebay.com/itm/190612016409?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649
http://www.ebay.com/itm/190612015422?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649
http://www.ebay.com/itm/190612017621?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Last edited:
The odd thing is that the seller does not accept messages or queries - I thought to ask if there were any more to be listed and if so would they sell international. They don't accept returns either. Hmmmmm
I would have bid too - so the seller is losing out big time

i know, ebay just gets more and more difficult all the time..... i don`t like it anymore....... you can`t WRITE to some people - what on earth is that about? crazy!

i tried to get my friend in the states to bid for me but she didn`t answer her phone so.... twelve bucks it was!

- jodie -

i know, ebay just gets more and more difficult all the time..... i don`t like it anymore....... you can`t WRITE to some people - what on earth is that about? crazy!

i tried to get my friend in the states to bid for me but she didn`t answer her phone so.... twelve bucks it was!

- jodie -

The reading of messages and even writing to vendors on ebay is killing me. Some bugs in their system.

Hey, Jodie, I've managed to 'trick' the system. Since I reside across two countries I have both my Melbourne and Singapore addresses listed. Since I never want to lose out on those US-bids (I scored on quite a few estate sales for angelskin coral at the height of my coral mania a few years back), I have a freight forwarder's address in Oregon (no tax) listed as well as my primary address so that I can bid. Upon successfully winning the auction, I will negotiate with the vendor to send the item either direct to Singapore or Melbourne depending on where I am and only if they refuse to (very very rarely since all three addresses are verified and linked to paypal) because they want to post it to a confirmed US address then will I concede to getting it posted to Oregon.

All the best.

PS: Your keyboard is as quirky as you! I still can't get over the skateboard; you remind me of the kids in Melbourne who used to go dumpster-diving on the slope outside my house. Past midnight this time of the year, high on alcohol and drunk on the festivities, they will endeavour to steal a neighbour's trashbin and perch themselves in it all the way on the top of the hill and free-wheel themselves down to the valley. Reminscing, miss Melbourne at this time of the year.

oooh! thanks for the tip! i guess it`s worth a shot, huh (question mark! lol)

my brother is a skateboarder (we`re not really siblings - we just love each other like crazy so have sort of adopted each other over the years.....) he`s REALLY good but he`s INSANE. the little city i live in is VERY hilly. he has gone straight down the biggest hill on his board. argh! and I`M the one with the broken arm! (well, TWO broken arms. did i mention how i broke my LEFT arm a few years ago??????? - QUESTION MARK!!!!)

- JODIE -

I just won two of the auctions for mississippi river pearls. Thanks for the heads up. Will let you know what they look like when they get here. Can't tell much from the posting.

Wendy Graham, This seller does except questions. Go to the bottom of the page on the left hand side on the double blue line "Ask A Question"

Ah, thanks for that, I just asked for any future auctions to be international. will report back.
It says in the listing (top right) if you follow the regular link that the seller does not accept questions.
I got a response 'looking into it'. Watch this space

Last edited:
I believe every ebay seller has to be able to be contacted incase you don't recieve your item or need to change shipping. If you click on the feed back score that every buyer or seller has next to their ebay nic you will see Member Quick Links Contact Member to the right side near the top of the page.

that's awesome "girls crave pearls!" i got one too! (different seller though). they actually said they didn't ship internationally but i didn't see it (oops!) by the time i realized it and was all ready to grovel he'd already said he'd ship it to me. it's purdy! check it!

- jodie -

pearl pink river wing2.jpgpearl pink river wing3.jpg

(and i tried to contact that other seller ALL OVER their page - couldn't do it! there's an option to send a message but you have to go through that whole "did this answer your question?" BS and when you say "no!" you still can't write to them. so i tried to click directly onto their name and do it that way - couldn't do it!)

Jodie,

Very pretty! Like how it shines with a distinct personality in the photos!!!
Cheers
Ash

I sent this thread to Pearl Queen 13 so she could see what you are saying about her auctions. Perhaps she will change her settings so everyone can buy them.

yeah, i love river pearls! they're so unique, and i like the fact that they're indigenous to the US (and i guess are very rare now due to the zebra mussel - do people still find them or are they all vintage?) thanks fuzzy for doing that! she could have made a lot more money if she accepted international that's for sure........

so crave, did you win the deep pink/purple one? the colour is amazing! here's the photo.......

- jodie -
pearl river pink purple.jpg

Back