Gold Diamond Cut Beads

Beautiful strand KaySD! I like the idea of adding sparkle and length to your already gorgeous necklace!

Last edited:
Lovely strand, KaySD! I also think adding the diamond cut pyramid beads to your necklace would give it more length and definitely more sparkle!

My rope arrived and it is longer than I expected, which is a very good thing. It originally had almost invisible knots and no clasp. Once it was re-strung with the Orbit clasp, it is now 38.5" long. My preferred length for a rope is 40-42", so I added a 2.5" extender chain. Not only does the chain add length, but some of the really pretty pearls closer to the ends of the rope that would normally be hidden by my hair are now visible on the sides of my neck.

My trick with Orbit clasps, for those who are interested, is that I request that my necklaces be strung with 2 "active" clasp parts, basically 2 hooks instead of 1 hook and 1 eye. I bought 1' of YG filled chain from Gempacked, and then I use wire cutters to cut custom length extenders. I just hook 1 side of the clasp through each end of the chain. With my long hair, I can add up to 3" of chain without the clasp ends being visible around the sides of my neck.

I may add some gold beads later for sparkle, but I am going to wear it as it is for now.

Orbits with Extender 1.jpg

i am so happy this thread exists. Thanks for finding those beads, Amti! i may get a few to play with... also, Kay your rope! LOVE and second the request for a neck shot. :)

Thanks, everyone. I tried to get a few photos, but I am having serious issues with my phone. I definitely need a better camera on my next phone as this one doesn't do the pearls justice.

IMG_20170824_212953982.jpgIMG_20170824_212511048.jpgIMG_20170824_212301373.jpg

Katbran, Ha! After seeing CathyKeshi's diamonds she got for placing between pearls, that may be next. They were stunning sparkle bombs.

KaySD, your GSS Harvest Strand looks fantastic on you. I really love how everyone seemed to gravitate to the piece that suited them best, even in these GSS ropes :)

Oh, that's too funny lilliefuzzysocks! The "bomb" part was when I showed them to Walter lol! They do sparkle though, and he got over it :)

This lovely photo is NOT my work; Katja at PP took it. The White(ish!) Tahitian VERY Baroque pearls look amazing, which is what I asked for; nothing really shows the sparkle of diamonds. Took me 10 months and 3 gem shows before I found the right color diamonds for these pearls.

CathyWhiteTahitiansNested2.jpg

Cathy, your white Tahitians look stunning with the diamond beads! I was in awe when I saw them at the Ruckus. It made me think I need more pearls so I can mix them with diamonds, lol. Just when I think I have enough necklaces, some new idea comes around.

I think the same every time I see one of your clever ideas, KaySD lol! It was hard to find the right color diamonds ... too brown, too grey, too green, not to mention the "too expensive" part ... . When the lovely Yuan was done stringing these 2 strands into a perfect nested set, there were 2 pearls leftover, so I'm getting dangle leverback earrings ... simple, pearl, 2 diamonds and leverback finding ... an unexpected bonus.

I think the same every time I see one of your clever ideas, KaySD lol! It was hard to find the right color diamonds ... too brown, too grey, too green, not to mention the "too expensive" part ... . When the lovely Yuan was done stringing these 2 strands into a perfect nested set, there were 2 pearls leftover, so I'm getting dangle leverback earrings ... simple, pearl, 2 diamonds and leverback finding ... an unexpected bonus.

Yay for bonus earrings! I have 4 small bright green ringed Tahitian pearls left over from a tin cup necklace PP recently finished for me. I am trying to figure out what earring style to go with. I may start a thread for ideas if I can get some decent photos.

Cathy ! How marvellous! Your necklace looks just beautiful! And having looked at many diamond strands ( and yet to buy) I can well understand why it took so long to find the right one ! Some are so drab and yet $$$. And some Blues look like you may as well substitute topaz ! Finding the right strand at the right price is no easy task. Well done !

Thanks ladies. Katbran, the young owner of Bollywood Beads, Arun Shah, took an interest in my project after seeing my pearls. He made a mission of showing me lots of diamond strands when he comes to Virginia ... the show right after he's in Tucson, he's usually got lots of fresh stock ... and this year ... BINGO.

Back