Paula Crevoshay Trunk Show

Red

Local Minneapolis jeweler Stephen Vincent Design is having a Paula Crevoshay trunk show this weekend. I attended the opening and purchased her latest book, "Illuminations - Earth to Jewel". The colors, designs and size of her jewels are truly glorious. The artist herself is quite charming, and on a high due to her recent highly successful Paris museum show.

I got a chance to enjoy some of her pieces prior to the opening. There were three pearly pieces that caught my eye. But first, a try of Crevoshay baubles to drool over.

20161203_125610b.jpg

Last edited:
Paula called this piece a goddess, with her tiny golden earrings that swing as you move. The drusy calcedony was gorgeous. I modeled it with my Pearl Paradise Rikitea Tahitian lovelies. The rest of her head is a Chinese freshwater pearl.

20161203_130336c.jpg

Attachments

• 20161203_130341.jpg
    20161203_130341.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 45
Here are four freshwater pearls surrounding a truly huge moonstone. My jeweler thought this pendant would look great hanging from a strand of large South Sea pearls.

Attachments

• 20161203_130409d.jpg
    20161203_130409d.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 41
Here is my personal favorite. Pearl, pink spinel and chrome diopside set in an 18kt gold brooch/enhancer/pendant. It is designed to be used with or without the green tourmaline drop.

I'm thinking the pearl is New Zealand abalone, but I will defer to the experts here.

20161203_132017c.jpg

20161203_125608d.jpg

Red, A million thanks! I LOVE Paula's work! A high end local jewelry store, only in business briefly, had a small collection of her work that I drooled over.

You are so welcome, Pattye. I keep coming back to that eight-sided pendant/enhancer, which is on a more human scale than some of Paula's other pieces. I tried on a bejeweled lady slipper and it was definitely wearing me, rather than the other way around. I said I can't afford her work, but then I come home that night, and there is an inheritance check in the mail that day that is making me wonder if this piece should be mine. :rolleyes:

This Santa Maria aquamarine ring was there, and I tried it on. This stunning stone was originally in a museum. Paula's husband told me the story of how the museum had a robbery, and decided that they didn't need the liability of having precious gemstones in storage. So they offered it to Paula to work her magic. I didn't dare to ask the price.

Now, if my birthstone actually looked like this all of the time, instead of pale and washed out, I might actually like aquamarine.

b91828e3cd20a51764bbe529f5fcb861.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, gorgeous. Thanks for sharing. Your favorite has a very Renaissance feel to it.

Wow, gorgeous. Thanks for sharing. Your favorite has a very Renaissance feel to it.

Exactly what Paula said, BWeaves. It would look great on my Renaissance Festival dress which is made of green silk dupioni. With that jewel, I would be the best decked out lady at the Ren Fest.

Thank you, Pearl Dreams.

You are so welcome, Marianne.

I'm drooling over all of these. If one does end up coming home with you. Please bring it to the ruckus next summer.

Thanks newberry and Katbran. There were numerous flower rings and pendants, and a lady slipper that was different than earlier variations of that flower. She makes one-of-a-kind pieces, and all were so bright and beautiful. And big. When I commented on the size, she said she found she tends to design bigger pieces as she gets older. I would note that most, if not all, of her earrings had removable drops, so you could wear the top portion alone. Even so, they are statement earrings.

Here are a couple of pieces that I actually held in my hands. 18kt green zircon and tsavorite ring and the most amazing red and green tourmaline pendant. The tourmalines all come from the same mine in California, and were cut by Paula's late first husband, George. One of a kind, never to be made again. Big and bold statement pieces. The pendant looks small next to that huge ring. I think it was about four inches tall. A big piece to wear. There was also a dragon fly that was about five inches long. A statement piece for sure. Here is Paula wearing it during her talk in Paris.

Ring.jpg Tourmaline.jpg Paula.jpg

Last edited:
You are so welcome, Pattye. I keep coming back to that eight-sided pendant/enhancer, which is on a more human scale than some of Paula's other pieces. I tried on a bejeweled lady slipper and it was definitely wearing me, rather than the other way around. I said I can't afford her work, but then I come home that night, and there is an inheritance check in the mail that day that is making me wonder if this piece should be mine. :rolleyes:
i would say......yes it is that's no coincidence

What a wonderful treat, Red! Thanks for taking us along for a bit of the Trunk Show :) What glorious one of a kind pieces ... all amazing and wonderful. My favorite by far ... the Renaissance piece ... just incredible. Green silk dupioni dress, check in the mail ... starting to feel like karma to me, Red ... :)

That mabe definitely looks like a New Zealand paua abalone pearl, sometimes marketed under the name "blue eyris". Gorgeous pieces!

I don't mean to tell you your business, BUT if you have the money you HAVE to have that enhancer! That is a once in a lifetime chance, at least it would be for me! Especially since it complements your Ren Faire dress!!!! (Can you tell I want to live vicariously through you???? If you do buy it you must tell us ALL about it and lots of photos!!)

On another topic, how is the book? I've toyed with buying it, but just bought the new Temple St. Clair book which took a chunk from my "discretionary" funds and I don't want to buy the Crevoshay book if it is just so so. Is it awesome? Will I regret not buying it? I need opinions!!! ;-)

Have you checked out her website? The pieces are magnificent.

I too think that you should buy this piece, or else it will be the one that got away...of course, you shouldn't mortgage the house to do it, but if you can swing it you should.

I know that Paula has purchased Eyris Blue Pearls directly from Roger Beattie in the past. Gorgeous.

Back