Paula Crevoshay Trunk Show

I wore my deep South Sea goldens from Pearl Paradise today. Here they are with my brooch.

I also remembered to take a picture of the back of the piece. The drop will hang from the gold wire with the tiny coil to the left in this photo.

Visit4d.jpg

Visit4g.jpg

Finally, I found a video of Paula talking about my piece on the GIA web site. Click on this link:

https://www.gia.edu/tucson2013-paula-crevoshay-v1

then start the main video which appears called "Paula Crevoshay Jewelry Designer". Once that video begins, a list of additional videos appears on the right side of the page. Scroll down to the video called "Green Varieties and How We Relate to Color". And there is Paula talking about my brooch!

Red, that's just glorious! The new pink spinels are so bright and beautiful, and the brooch looks terrific even on the GSS ... so excited for you :)

I love the pictures when you go visit your new baby. The Eryis pearl is just so, so drop dead gorgeous!

Love those pink Spinels and I see what you mean about the colour change.. that original one that is above the six you selected turned a bit lavender in the second photo .. or maybe it's my screen...or my eyes...probably my eyes...old eyes suck... The 6 you have chosen are gorgeous ! Such nice depth of colour!

That is a wonderful piece - I love it when a designer provides for more variety and makes something with multiple uses. That pearl is just amazing and that GOLD .. so intense..the green and pink just leap out at you ! I do love the workmanship!

Last edited:
Thank you CathyKeshi, Pearl Dreams, newberry and Katbran.

We looked at the new spinel against my brooch from the back, and the colors looked to be a perfect match. I think my new Tahitian drop will look very sweet.

Also, the jeweler now has several new Crevoshay pieces on display. Nearly all of them allow you to remove the drops from the tops. Paula has a number of pieces with dolphins carved into the backs of the jewels. There was also a pair of carved icy jade earrings which were amazing. (Now I know where Icy Jade got her name.) One brooch that I loved had a top part set with a huge faceted moonstone and a 0.5 ct pink tear drop spinel. Hanging from that was a pink Peruvian opal drop that must have been about three inches long and was decorated with Paula's distinctive gold swirls and studded with tiny pink spinel. This huge drop would look stunning hanging from my brooch. I loved the top moonstone piece as well. Paula's pieces interchange beautifully. There were also some rings, and they fit me perfectly. So fun to try on. I guess Paula makes her rings in my size.

I dropped by to see my Crevoshay jewel today. My baby looks just fine on my freeform golden south sea pearls too.

2017-03-03 22.13.02.jpg

I adore this piece. I am always surprised each visit with how lovely it is. In this photo I captured some of the pink sheen in the pearl that inspired Paula to use the pink spinels.

2017-03-03 22.10.47.jpg

They treat me very nicely there. Besides cleaning my rings they made me a ginger martini today.

2017-03-03 22.12.02.jpg

In other news, I got an update on the Tahitian drop I'm having set. The jeweler now has all of the metal bits that he needs to fabricate the setting. My project is in the queue to have the bench work done, which apparently is a big step forward in getting the project completed. With any luck I'll have the Crevoshay home to wear with it.

I'm speechless Red! The Crevoshay jewel is gorgeous! So many fabulous elements that complement one another-- my eye is darting everywhere at once. I hope you bring this to the next ruckus so we can all ogle in person:)

Every time I see it on you (with all of the different variations of strands and clothes), the more I think it was meant for you. It just works, no matter how you wear it or what you wear it with. That's a sign IMO.

I have to admit, I loved (LOVED) the tourmaline briolette that it was initially paired with (and was a little sad that it wasn't in the works for you too), but now I think that your pearl drop enhancer works even more. I can't wait to see it finished.

What gorgeous jewelry! It is all so beautiful together. I love the drop with the pink as well and can't wait to see it done!

Beautiful brooch, Red. I could lose all kinds of time gazing into that beauty! Looks lovely on your GSS strand!

Thank you babynurse, pattye, Katbran, JerseyPearl, cmd2014, Pearly-Whites, and SunSeeker.

I received word that the drop was done this week. In addition, my year-end bonus arrived, so it was time yesterday to pick up my baby. Since it was St. Patrick's Day, day of all things green, I wore my tsavorite garnet strand for my new pendant. Photo credit to Elaine at Stephen Vincent Design, Minneapolis.

Crev03172017.jpg

pattye - I just call it my Crevoshay. I doubt that there will be another. I'd love to get a big SS drop in order to change it up some.

cmd2014 - That tourmaline drop is still available, I'm sure. I thought it was pricey, but having just been to a gemstone round table this week at another jewelry store, it is probably reasonably priced. I just prefer pearl drops for my baby.

Back