Paula Crevoshay Trunk Show

I also brought along my Tahitian drop from the Connoisseur sale of a couple of years ago to see how it looked. I purchased this 5mm x 3mm alexandrite to use with the pearl. The color changes from green to purple, depending on the lighting.

View attachment 47242

I liked the colors with the pendant. I was worried that the pearl would be too small, but the size seems fine as well.

View attachment 47243

i love them together.... i love that brooch/enhancer....it's so medieval

Wow that's SO unique! Very inspirational! :D

Oh my Gosh, YES!!! Way to make an already impressive piece more stunning!!! And I really like the size of the brooch... I didn't realize how large it was until you posted a photo with it on. Congrats and a stunner!!

Oh my Gosh, YES!!! Way to make an already impressive piece more stunning!!! And I really like the size of the brooch... I didn't realize how large it was until you posted a photo with it on. Congrats and a stunner!!

Believe me, many of Paula's brooches were even bigger. One reason I liked this one is because it doesn't take me over as many of her pieces will do. I think jewelry should make the wearer look better, and not that the wearer is simply a display rack for the jewels. Or, as Paula would probably say, those other pieces were not meant for me, and this one was.

Gorgeous addition...I wonder if Paula provided an opinion to your jeweler, as he certainly has captured the essence. BTW, I would have him make two drops...so that you can wear them as earrings.

The jeweler and I worked together on the design, with me quickly quashing some of her more far reaching ideas. Even this one is something that Paula would not design, but I think it captures many of her distinctive elements. And, I like it, so there.

As for the earring idea, no. I'll stick to my tiny studs, thank you.

What a grea idea and a pair of earrings even better!

Thank you, kelluvpearls. You, or any other heavy pearl earring lover out there, can be my guest.

Oh wow....I love that idea! Brilliant! ooooo and earrings....niccceeeee!

Thank you, Katbran. Earrings are my favorite jewelry, having worn them daily since I got my ears pieced at 16. Mom would not give her consent earlier. But, I prefer tiny studs. Heavy earrings give my ears stretch marks, stretch out the hole, and most importantly, and I can't emphasize this enough, they hurt like HEL*. So, I am going to pass on the earring idea.

I visited my Crevoshay brooch again today. I wanted to see the colors of the spinel my jeweler had selected for the pearl drop. I also took along a pink spinel smooth rondelle strand that I had and a matching pink carved spinel.

First, the brooch next to the spinel strand and the carved spinel.

Visit3c.jpg

Next, I tried hanging the brooch as a pendant from the spinel strand.

Visit3b.jpg

Next, let's take a look at the colored spinel for the pearl drop. By the way, that is my gold chain. It also works to hang the pendant.

Visit3a.jpg

I decided I would prefer the have all the spinel in the pearl enhancer drop be the same dark pink color as those in the pendant. I liked the one dark pink spinel best. Next step will be for the jeweler to get in more small round pink tourmalines and take a look for a good match.

In the meantime, I'm having a ball visiting my baby. I fall more in love with this piece each time I see it. And, I'm appreciating Jeremy's eye in selecting that Tahitian drop for the Connoisseur sale each time I see it. That is one gorgeous pearl that holds its own with the Crevoshay.

Visit3d.jpg

Visit3e.jpg

Red just an idea here....when you have the enhancer made, have the connector made in a way he enhancer will be able to be worn independently of the brooch. That will give you more flexibility with your 2 new pieces.

Thank you Katbran, and newberry.

newberry - I will try to remember to take a photo of the back of the brooch on my next visit. The workmanship is ingenious. There is a metal coil at the bottom point to loop the enhancer around and through. So, the pearl enhancer will have a small loop at the top to fit the coil on the back of the brooch, and there isn't a lot of discretion about the loop size. But, a connector could be made to wear the pearl enhancer drop separately, I'm sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dropped by to visit my Crevoshay brooch today, and to approve the new pink spinels for the Tahitian drop.

Here are the hand-selected pink spinels in a couple of different lighting. These are very bright in person, and have less of a color shift than the original one I selected. The original is sitting above the row of six. The first photo is in the jewelry store lighting, and the second is in direct sunlight.

Visit4h.jpg

Visit4c.jpg

Back