Pastel Tahitians

JerseyPearl

So I kinda went on a pearl bender recently...and need to go into recovery mode. I haven't decided what to do with these just yet, but my first foray into pastel Tahitians. I just love the subtle colors on these beauties. I am thinking about getting some pastel bezel set stones (blue topaz, amethyst, citrine, peridot) to set into a wire wrapped strand. IMG_3262.jpg

These are stunning JerseyPearl! Do you mind sharing where you got them from?

I've been looking at Jacques pearls too. Are they close to pics in real life?
Do you get them drilled?
Can't wait to see your final piece

How exciting! The colors are so dreamy. I agree, will be a treat to see what you create!

Kalmen22, I just purchased a drill and will be drilling these myself.
Purr, these are all 9mm in size, which means they measure out at mostly 9.5 to 10mm. I wanted uniform size for these.
The colors are really beautiful, and I tried to capture "a real life" photo of the pearls...taken in my kitchen with both light from a sunny day coming in through my windows and the LED pot lights overhead in my kitchen ceiling (my house has 100% LED lighting, no CFL or incandescents). To my eye, the photo captures their in person look pretty well.

Ooooohhhhh those are absolutely stunning - those pastel colors are so soothing!!! Can't wait to see what you do with them!

You're drilling them? Good on you! I wish I could do it. In Singapore I was quoted for drilling and adding 18k gold stud to be Sin$200. That's with me providing the loose pearls. I nearly fainted at the price.

The colors are wonderful aren't they? I am smitten with them...
kalmen22 check around...you might be able to find a jeweler to drill them for you for much less $$. You can purchase findings from any number of sources. I don't know if you can access RioGrand, but they have a great selection of posts with peal cups and pegs.

Lovely, can't wait to see how your new project develops!

Wow, those are gorgeous. I think I definitely prefer the lighter colored, more colorful Tahitians. The dark solid matchy colors do nothing for me.

A good thread to read just before I go to bed...now for sweet Tahitian dreams!

Such great pearls Sarah. I am sure you'll make something amazing with them.
BWeaves, the Lightmix Pastels are some of my favorites too. Delicate and light and classy, with definite color but not as bold colors as say, my Peacock mix.
Kalmen, regarding your question about the photos: I am attaching the photo I sent Jersey when she had inquired about this lot of pearls. They are shot in a diffused lighting situation to get rid of the reflections bouncing off the surface of the pearl and to highlight the surface quality and colors. But the lighting is natural, from sunlight, not electric in any way.
Looking back at Jersey's photo of the same pearls, they look similar and different at the same time. Main thing to my eye is way less reflections on my photo, which is what I want, to show my customers. What do you think between the two?
IMG_0798.jpg

Last edited:
Back