Pastel Tahitians

Ok, so here they are again, in a white bowl...again in my kitchen w/overhead LED lights IMG 1347IMG 1349   Copy
I really love these soft colors!!!

Thank you Jacques and Jersey Pearl for the photos they are beautiful. The colours are amazing

JP - yes in those latest pics the colors are more visible. The colors of the pearl comes out more when one is able to get rid of some of the reflections, thanks to the shading from the bowl. Overall, pearls are so reflective, that they bounce all the light right back which creates some glare on the pearl, in those direct light situations like the first photo.

Oh no worries! Accurate photography of these mysterious orbs is probably the hardest part!

Ok everyone, what do you think? This is the first project done with this lovely group of pastel Tahitians. I used gemstone stations, 1.9mm 14k oval link chain, and wire wrapped the pearls onto the chain. I used little teeny tiny silicone spacers in white between the multi pearl stations. I'm wearing a white shirt (obvi) and ripped jeans, and I LOVE these pearls with this casual look!!!
IMG_3324.jpgIMG_3325.jpgIMG_3326.jpgIMG_3328.jpg

So yeah, I REALLY need more neck cream...and I promise the strand doubled looks way better in real life. The strand measures out at 40" (because I'm still mathematically challenged). Oh, and those gemstones are 5mm and 7mm bezel set in 14k.

Last edited:
OHHHHHH nice work. I love it both ways but specially long! How long is it?

Looks great, and a very good length for wearing it doubled.

I love the way it turned out. The sections with 3 pearls look a little stiff. Are you happy with those sections?

Thanks Pearl Dreams.
A little more info on the construction...I used 2.3mm (.63mm thick) jump rings to connect the bezel stations to the chain, then I wire wrapped the pearls onto the chain. I really do like the silicone beads because they add a nice stability to the piece. The multi-pearl links are very solid feeling, and the pearls are not spinning because the beads keep them in place.

Thanks BWeaves...they are rigid, but not in a bad way...it kind of adds a bar look when worn doubled. When long, it helps to keep the chain straight.

And I should also add that the pearls are drilled at .8mm, and I used 24gauge 14k wire.

What a beautiful piece! I love the colors and length. It's so nicely done!

Back