Omar Simulated pearls

pamelafran

I am hoping for information regarding some OMAR simulated pearls which I have inherited amongst other jewellery. They come complete with case and guarantee pamphlet. The guarantee is stamped James Walker Silversmith Ltd 13 Feb 1975 but I have a feeling the pearls are much older. The case looks more dated and worn than 1975 would indicate. It is a very pretty pearl choker necklace with teardrop droplet pearls and an ornate pull clasp (see photos) I wonder if they are of any value?

Attachments

• IMG_0050.jpg
    IMG_0050.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_0051.jpg
    IMG_0051.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0052.jpg
    IMG_0052.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_0054.jpg
    IMG_0054.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 56
Most of us know nothing about simulated pearls. You are the first to ask such a question! Perhaps a vintage costume jewlry forum, if there is such a thing! If someone here does know something, they will come along. The box pearls and certificate would probably appeal on eBay if you want to sell it. People like that collector jewelry in the box, with the cert.

My brief Google search turned up nothing, but I would go with what it says, 1975, because of the style.

Hi Pamelafran and welcome to the forum.

What you have likely has some value as an antique if Omar Simulated Pearls are a desired collectible, but because they aren't actually pearls, they really don't have and value as pearls.

On page 64 or Antoinette Matlins' The Pearl Book there is an ad from Vogue magazine for these pearls from 1924, so they very well could be a lot older than 36 years.

Last edited:
Back