Octo Babies!

GemGeek

Pearlista
Well, I keep waiting for a good day to take photos on earrings, but I give up. I must share these gorgeous little babies that Sheri Jurnecka / La Corsetiere made for me. She picked out a fabulous crop of tiny freshwater pearls while she was in Hong Kong for her future babies and I went straight home and glued them up!

First, a frontal shot.
Sheri babies 1.jpg

Notice the fabulous detail on the underside? (including excess glue!)
Sheri babies 2.jpg

I am a proud mother. Now I just have to find the right earrings to dangle them and I'll come back later to post an ear-shot. :)

Darling and scrumptious! I can hardly wait to see ear shots!

Happy Holidays Blaire!!! Those are so sweet the Cephalopod crowd will go crazy for these tiny critters. I have a question I am going to email you privately about, RE, the earrings. But I am having a bit of trouble with staying logged in here :-(. Just in case I can't get back on, if you still have my personal email can you email me so I can reply.

I finally got to a computer with a larger screen and now I can appreciate more of the detail of the metal work and the gorgeous luster on those pearls. Very, very pretty.

Thank you. As if the earrings aren't cool enough, the pearls are killer. For those who noticed, yes, they are two slightly different shades. But they really made me happy. Although I teased Sheri about how long she could sit and evaluate pearls, she clearly has a great eye. I am good, but I do not have the amazing patience that Sheri has. Sigh.

Blaire, your new Octo Babies are just adorable! Sheri undoubtedly has the eye for picking pearls as well as sea life :) Can't wait to see how you dangle them from findings. What metal are the octo babies?

Welcome to the Octo club Blaire ;) Beautiful new octo babies you have there. Enjoy!

Oh these babies are tiny and they are some blend of casting brass. Of course, the hoop is also very small, but you can get an idea with the dime in the photo. To hang them on regular earrings, I would need to put a jump ring in between so that the octo would face forward.

babies.jpg

Such adorable babies! I'd love to hook a bunch of them together and dangle them as earrings, with a bigger one and some babies as pendant ... :)

You are very kind!!! I missed the crowd here too, you guys are more sane than the real world out there!!!!! I'm starting some more "techie" courses?so my brain will be fried, and I probably won't be around much to add my odd charm to discussions LOL. Back to Octo Babies. I am creating a simple blog for Sheri and her creations, I will share it with you guys here soon. If anybody wants to share pics of their Sheri Creations, please let me know in a PVT Message.

You were indeed missed, BlackPearlDudeDC ... good to have you back :)

You can't see it but I am blushing, thanks for the warm words CathyK!!!

You are very kind!!! I missed the crowd here too, you guys are more sane than the real world out there!!!!! I'm starting some more "techie" courses…so my brain will be fried, and I probably won't be around much to add my odd charm to discussions LOL. Back to Octo Babies. I am creating a simple blog for Sheri and her creations, I will share it with you guys here soon. If anybody wants to share pics of their Sheri Creations, please let me know in a PVT Message.

Back