New PP Email!

callire

"Dear Valued Customer,

As many of our customers know, French Polynesia has suspended all export taxes on Tahitian pearls until the end of 2009. This means Tahitian pearls are becoming more affordable than any time in history.
PearlParadise.com has capitalized on this tax suspension, and we are currently matching and drilling approximately 700 new strands of round, drop and baroque Tahitian pearls, which will be ready just in time for Mother's Day!"

WHOOO! Does this mean that I get another chance to get a baroque strand? :D :D

BTW: Specials, in case you didn't get the email:

http://www.pearlparadise.com/detail.aspx?ID=87
http://www.pearlparadise.com/detail.aspx?ID=541

{I give up... I'm just going to create tons of threads in PP's honor. It's too hard to resist chatting about the new deals. Yes, I am a ridiculous fangirl. Oh well, at least I have nice pearls!}

You'd better not miss it this time :p

DK ;)

I got the email while I was on the way to the grocery store but had to make a detour w/ full internet access just in case! I'm excited about the news...will definitely have to start saving! :D

LOL Callire...I think the excitement is mutual!

I think you'll be forgiven for being a fangirl!

I'm counting on you, callire, to post as soon as the new strands start showing up on pp ;)

Oh, I hope so! I'm traveling tomorrow (read: stay glued to your computer monitors), so hopefully it won't start soon.

If it's for Mothers' day I would not expect it to be that soon.

Hmm... No good. I've wanted black akoyas for months now... :eek:

For some reason I think Callire and Jiazzi will keep us informed on PP's progress.

Last edited:
How so?

(Message too short, doot doo doo...)

Last edited:
Ahhh, I see. How's your site going?
Thanks for asking. Its been on the back burner for a bit. I need to do some changes when I get a chance to get back to it. I need better photos. I have much more product to post but I'm not happy with the photos. Its on google though. woopee.:D

Thanks for asking. Its been on the back burner for a bit. I need to do some changes when I get a chance to get back to it. I need better photos. I have much more product to post but I'm not happy with the photos. Its on google though. woopee.:D

Were the photos you're talking about taken under different lighting? I ask because the ones you have up right now look great-- coming from a person who routinely ignores grades, making purchase decisions on descriptions and photos.

I've been spamming friends who are currently more "liquid" than I am with this Tahitian necklace. Yeah, Tahitians are cheaper and cheaper, but most of the ones I see are very baroque. Your necklace seems REALLY round for the price.

Were the photos you're talking about taken under different lighting? I ask because the ones you have up right now look great-- coming from a person who routinely ignores grades, making purchase decisions on descriptions and photos.

I've been spamming friends who are currently more "liquid" than I am with this Tahitian necklace. Yeah, Tahitians are cheaper and cheaper, but most of the ones I see are very baroque. Your necklace seems REALLY round for the price.
Thanks, Yes, Thats why pics are so important. Mine are OK. But if Jeremy had my strands on his site they would look much better. I'll be working on some better photos soon. Pearls have got to be the hardest thing to shoot. Anyway it is for me. I don't have a good excuse for my lack of descriptions. I'll get there eventually. Like a glacier.:)

Mikeyy I think your photos are pretty good really... and thanks for the use of one of them recently.

Last weekend I made my first formal wholesaling launch at a trade fair for the gift and homewares industry. I have always had a few of these folks as customers, buying for their boutiques... and have always had the second business name that you see in this pic. I had saved a couple of Mikeyy's photos on my computer, and these are the ones that my art person used for my printing etc for the fair... thank you again Mike for permission to use it.. it was a hit!

DSC01211.jpg

Wow, That is so cool. You know if you take enough photos you eventually get one or two right. Thanks Nerida.

well it was pretty effective for my needs... and as I said, my art guys loved it..

Nice booth! Like a real store, not an "I make gingham candy bowls when I'm not in Sunday School" sort of booth... which is the sort I managed to cobble together for the one and only craft/jewelry show I attended so far.

I'd be curious to know if PP tends to put very popular things on sale after getting a big supply, or if sales often call attention to items that aren't moving as fast as they'd like.

What's are you selling most right now, Nerida?

Thanks Lauren.. my early market stores were a bit like that, but at this fair it is very commercial and pretty serious...The biggest sellers that were going out to retail were single, double and triple strand bracelets in big FW and SS.. earrings as usual... also loads of retailers bought things for themselves - a nice GSS strand and enhancer sold, and a few serious strands. Oh, and FW ropes were also in demand for the stores... Nice thing was to sell to a few prestige retailers that I have been trying to get into for ages. Gift and homewares shops here sell loads of jewellery, some of it quite serious.

Some of the stands at the fair were unbelievable.. looked like elegant, swisho retail stores, and all just for 4 days. Now for the Melbourne (read larger) fair in August.

Back