Necklace Project

JerseyPearl

I thought I would show another project I'm working on...and who was keeping a keen eye on my every move! IMG_2300.jpgIMG_2298.jpgIMG_2296.jpgIMG_2294.jpg

and the watchful eyes
IMG_2302.jpg

Those pearls are beautiful, as is your "watcher" JerseyPearl :)

Ahh, so adorable!! The pearls are lovely too. It looks like it going to be a beautiful necklace once finished. I can't wait to see it.

Gorgeous pearls. Every time I see Tahitians in person, they always look so boring. Yet, I see photos like this, and I wonder where you find these gorgeous colorful pearls, and then I want to see more Tahitians.

The dog is very cute, but those pearls are gorgeous!!! :)

Gorgeous pearls. Every time I see Tahitians in person, they always look so boring. Yet, I see photos like this, and I wonder where you find these gorgeous colorful pearls, and then I want to see more Tahitians.

I think it has to do both the light and your budget :)

- Karin

That's going to be gorgeous, JerseyPearl! And what a beautiful doggie : )

Aww, thanks everyone! The pearls are from Jacques, and my pup is a 10 year old maltese. She is my constant shadow.
Here is another project...this one is almost done. 18" necklace with a matching 7" bracelet. The necklace will have 4 rondelles which are black rhodium with pink sapphires and the clasps are matching the rondelles. I have a serious thing for Tahitians. This necklace is from the first batch of Mangareva pearls, which are also from Jacques.
IMG_2304.jpgIMG_2306.jpgIMG_2307.jpgIMG_2305.jpg

Last edited:
I think it has to do both the light and your budget :)

- Karin

Karin, I agree...lighting and budget come into play. But I also have to say that sometimes with Tahitians, you cannot see the forest from the trees...I mean that when all the pearls are strung, or bunched together, it's difficult for the eye to see the colors...but when they are viewed in small groupings, the colors can be very distinct. I adore multi color strands for their visual interest, and tin cups because they tend to highlight individual pearls.

And I should note that the first strand photos were taken in natural filtered daylight; the second strand in the jeweler's office under artificial lighting.

Jersey, I love the other necklace + bracelet project, too! Wow wow wow, did you purchase the pearls by the kg? :) How exciting to have all these projects coming along. Gorgeous pearls all of them.

So uniquely gorgeous! Love the sapphires and dark finish! (More and more I've been adding a dark patina to sterling chain and findings, love the contrast.)

Thanks Pattye. White gold just looked too blah for these special pearls...I don't mean any disrespect to those who love white gold...yellow gold was even more blah...the black rhodium along with the pink was perfect. We tried black with white stones, and it didn't have nearly the same pop. The colors of the pearls are so difficult to capture, but they are full of life and very rich jewel toned colors.

JerseyPearl, that rhodium pink sapphire clasp and rhondelles is just inspired and stunning with those pearls! May we ask where you found the "findings" ?

Back