My south sea tin cup summer project

KatalinPG

Maybe some of you have seen my post partly about my new project in the SS forum, but I thought I start here a new thread, maybe I can get a few more options.

Originally I wanted to buy a big WSS enhancer pendant. A few of you have posted about your good experiences with Pearl Society, so I just browsed through their eBay shop. As it is, I quickly realized, they have a big selection of golden SS also. Although I have never liked yellow gold and golden pearls bevor, somehow a bug have bitten me, and I just had to order a few golden pearls, and of course not a WSSP but GSSP pendant. This is how it goes with pearly girls. :)

So these are the items which I ordered and are already in Vienna at customs. I hope to get the this week sometime:

IMG_5005.jpg

The pendant:
IMG_4993.jpg

I was really considering if I should use silver or yellow gold vermeil chain, and I still haven't decided actually, but I'm really tending to use yellow gold vermeil, to achieve a completely different look, than my other tin cups. Can you maybe show me your south sea tin cup?

By the way, someone posted here about eikopearls, sorry, I really forgot, who it was. If you read it, please chime in! I would like to thank you for inspiration! These I have found on the website of Eiko pearls, I think they are stunning:
IMG_5055.JPG
IMG_5057.JPG

I have just ordered a few Tahitians from Wen, I even may go for a tincup with all the three colors, white gold and black.

Ouuuuu la laaaaa!! Pearl society??? Need to check that out! I would use the gold chain cause it would make it look more expensive. I love tincups as well! Only have 2 so far. 1 I have not recieve yet..FB_IMG_1499778560093.jpg thats the one I got so far. Double strands.

So you have got 9 pearls. Can be made into 4 top n 5 bottom double strands if you like the look. Oggghh more than 9 because just read u will have black as well.

Last edited:
Asurazzy your tincup with the rose colored pearls is beauty! I'm really curious for neck shots!
Regarding layout of my new tin cup I'm planning a long necklace, at about 80 cm, i.e. 32 inch. Maybe I make an other one with the Tahities, but at first I have to see them altogether, to decide.

I love the mixture of different chains used in those tin cups. Are you going to do something similar? Looks like you're going to have a great time making necklaces!

I love tin cups and have many. The chains of the ones you showed are wonderful. I don't know which one I would choose. Great pearls too. With the length you have chosen to make, can you double it with ease? I find I really like the option of being able to wear it long or doubled. Post lots of pictures when you get all the parts and put it together.

Newberry I normally wear my long necklaces never doubled, I don't like that I always have to adjust them. I have a 90 cm Tahiti tin cup, an I could wear it doubled, but the layers never look like I would like to have them.
It's really hard to find the right materials, almost impossible to find chains like this. I just have found yet a connector piece, but I'm still looking for the circles. This is the connector:
IMG_5058.jpg
It's not as sophisticated that the ones on the pictured items, but still a filigree connector. I just need really nice hammered circles.

I like that connector. What makes you examples is the texture of the chains. You might look for a ready made used chain on ebay that you could cut up.

Asurazzy your tincup with the rose colored pearls is beauty! I'm really curious for neck shots!
Regarding layout of my new tin cup I'm planning a long necklace, at about 80 cm, i.e. 32 inch. Maybe I make an other one with the Tahities, but at first I have to see them altogether, to decide.

Hi Katalin!

I posted a neck for it but I cant find it anymore. Its somewhere in show us your pearl action thread. Well ill wear it tomorrow n take neck shot. I do however have gold, white n black pearl made into a long tincup. When I have it with me Ill take a shot.
Btw Ill show you some of the tincup style bracelets made by the shop Im always goes to. Its bracelets but the ideas can be made into a necklace.Screenshot_20170712-235955.jpgScreenshot_20170713-000122.jpgScreenshot_20170713-000208.jpg
These are all south sea pearls. The metals however are solid 22k gold. Not gold filled.

Asurazzy thank you! I've just had a look! They have some amazing pieces!!

My pearls have arrived, and they are beautiful! I can't wait to get my chain.
IMG_5081.jpg
IMG_5080.jpg

And a quick neck shot from the pendant:
IMG_5077.jpg

I have expected it to be a little bit deeper gold, but I still like it. The size is big enough, now I know, what size I would like to have in WSS and Tahiti.

Attachments

• IMG_5077.jpg
    IMG_5077.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Woo Hoo, congratulations. They look wonderful. I bet your tin cup is going to be stunning.

Very pretty pearls, Katalin! Here's the gold pendant, right side up :)

IMG_5077RSUP.jpg

Glad the pearls turned out to your satisfaction! I personally prefer pearls to be a little off round on tin cups because I think it adds interest and shows more orient.

CathyKeshi thank you! I hoped, you would fix it for me!!

Yes, I also like the size, it's 13.4*12.2. I was really curious, if I would find it big enough, and I'm satisfied. I wouldn't go larger than 15*13, now I see.

Amti the other pearls are quite smooth, but I like them that way. I already have the long tin cup with colorful drops, and I like their smoothness in a tin cup. I also have circled tahitis in a tin cup, but in SS pearls I wanted to have clean drops or near round. Somehow I prefer it with light colored pearls.

Hi Katalin. My necklace finished from the oven. Its basicly baroque golden n white ssp mixed with round tahitian. So if you do plant to mix it all up into a tincup then it will look somewhat like mine. 20170717_181517.jpg

Back