My new Revenge Victoria Grayson strand!!!

Thanks for that info JP ! I'm going to have to sit down and try ... or you are going to have to make a You tube instructional video lol I'll have to take another look at Bella ... I've bought chains there but not for awhile.

I know what you mean about the interior ring .. it's like a clasp with a tie bar..it can get pretty fiddly to attach the pearls..I basically lose a needle for every clasp. (bending it...there is probably a better way to do it..)

Finding an enhancer for that ... hmmmmm... hard to picture the right thing... be interesting to see what ideas people might have..

JP, so creative! I am looking forward to the neck shot. Those are very glam tassels. I bet they probably sparkle a lot IRL.

I was thinking about something like this: 43769-500x500.jpg

I'm going to do it myself...there was actually a great discussion on the Lowly Beader's Thread on glue! The notion of 2part epoxy kind of scares me, so I am going to use superglue gel. I've used superglue for other pendants and it has held up very nicely...I'm also going to try it in a ring, as soon as my pearls arrive back from drilling.

Oh Purranha, thank you for this amazing thread and for starting the stampede!
Love your trio and love Jersey Pearl's tassels, such sparkle.

The second video is what I did to make the tassel. My only difference is that on the first knot to tie the thread to the loop, leave about a 5-6 inch tail. Then when all beads are strung, and knotted onto the loop, run the thread down a row of beads and clip. Next go back and thread the needle onto the 5-6 inch tail. Tie a few knots and run the tail through a few beads and then clip.

Thanks everyone. This is not heavy at all (but I'm used to HEAVY jewelry, so weight never seems to be an issue...I'm from NJ, everything is big). I kind of did a trial run here...I wire wrapped the two pearls onto the tassel, to see if I liked it enough to add to a string of pearls. The loop fits onto the clasp of the tin cup and it looks really cool with it at full length. I love transformer pieces (Purranha, you really have started something...) and I want to put the tassel onto an enhancer clip, however I'm finding that easier said than done. I'm just not finding large enough clips to fit next to tahitian pearls. Ideally, I'd love something that can straddle over one pearl on either side of that pearl...kind of like a saddle. It would be v shaped and clip over the pearls. If anyone has any good sources, please let me know!

JerseyPearl, I've been looking for that type enhancer ... nothing "ticks off all the boxes" but this is the closest I've found ... sorry, I'm not good at links ...:
www.gempacked.com Item RGF904 Double Hinged Clip-On Enhancer, 14K Gold ... It's available in 3 sizes; largest size is 9 - 10mm, but I'm not sure where they're taking that measurement from. Please do let us know if you find more and/or better cones, caps and/or enhancers :)

JerseyPearl, I've been looking for that type enhancer ... nothing "ticks off all the boxes" but this is the closest I've found ... sorry, I'm not good at links ...:
www.gempacked.com Item RGF904 Double Hinged Clip-On Enhancer, 14K Gold ... It's available in 3 sizes; largest size is 9 - 10mm, but I'm not sure where they're taking that measurement from. Please do let us know if you find more and/or better cones, caps and/or enhancers :)
Thanks Cathy!

OK, so I have been experimenting with my tassel and have come up with a good solution for wearing with a pearl rope...I added two orbit clasps (one in yellow gold, the other white gold) to clip on the tassel. Each leg of the rope is around 15" so I can also use them as stand alone pieces. IMG_3099.jpgIMG_3098.jpgIMG_3094.jpg The longer rope is one from the 2014 PP sale...still my favorite!!

Back