My latest loots

20161126_080149.jpg
Kalmen, it is a nice overcast morning for pearl photography. 20161126_075717.jpg20161126_075717.jpg

Thanks Jersey pearl and sea urchin. The smaller pearls are akoyas. With the larger being white and the smaller ones being silver-blue. If I recall correctly they go down to 3mm. Larger pearls are tahitians with variety of body colours. I can't find my receipt or calliper at the moment and cannot confirm the sizes.

Last edited:
20161126_080457.jpg
Thought I share photos of a wssp from Golay as well. It is button but looks exactly like an akoya. The pink in the photo is mostly from my HP but it has some pink and blue overtones. 20161126_080528.jpg

Very pretty! What are you going to do with it?

Think it is destined for a ring but I have not started looking for the setting. For the moment, it will be one of the numerous unset pearls in my collection.

20161126_094554.jpg20161126_094516.jpg
Another purchase from Japanese vendors TPC. Bail from another vendor Raystar. 13mm drop wssp. Love the near perfect tear drop shape.

Last edited:
IcyJade, THANKS for the photos and photo tips; all lovely, and I am so excited to see the Wave strand again!!!

Welcome Elisha/YC :) Your new ombre strand is stunning ... just dreamy; thanks for showing us. The WSS are incredible; what a perfect drop!

Thanks Jersey pearl and sea urchin. The smaller pearls are akoyas. With the larger being white and the smaller ones being silver-blue. If I recall correctly they go down to 3mm. Larger pearls are tahitians with variety of body colours. I can't find my receipt or calliper at the moment and cannot confirm the sizes.

Hello YC! Yup the strand should be 3-11 mm if they are the same size as the others that I saw.

Elisha, they are stunning!

Wow, I am truly blown away by the Golay pearls posted in this thread. They are on another level.

Wow! I love the Tahitian/akoya strand!!! The variety of colors and how they mesh together is breathtaking! And that drop is drop dead gorgeous, too!

Be Still My Heart !! What absolute stunners ! I've seen similar Golay Akoya necklaces and they are such amazing quality ...and the colours ...sigh
That WSS is perfection...the lustre on that is amazing.
And the drop - I am such a sucker for a beautiful drop and that is a marvellous shape ....the pearl is perfect !

Such a collection- you buy very very well . Like IcyJade , you buy the best. Lucky you to have such pearls .

Am in Hong Kong n queuing to go to the jewellery fair now. Oh happy day...

Oh, Happy Day indeed, Icyjade! We look forward to your reports :)

Back