My latest loots

Icy the egg will make a beautiful ring. I think I would go simple and just use a plain or rope twisted band. Then I would get a couple of gemstone bands to wear with it. I think SeaUrchin has a similar look with diamond micropave bands.

And I too love those waves! So cool to use multicolors.

OMG the best start for the weekend !! Photos from IcyJade !! You do have the best eye my dear ! Those pearls are truly gorgeous! That big one for a ring ..spectacular! I can picture it wrapped organically with a couple of thin gold /diamond set straps ... so many possibilities! The Tahitians are lovely ...all your pearls have a fabulous luster! I just love it when you go shopping! I must admit I'm tempted to fly up for the show one year , I've not been to Singapore for years ..like about 8!

Oh wow I posted and didn't notice the second page ! More fab photos! I love those Akoya Tahitian strands ! Gorgeous! They have excellent designs. Thanks so much for posting. Now I'm going to find the thread about the other strands you mentioned !

I love the golden studs and that gigantic pearl! I can see the giant Pearl with light blue sapphires.

I must admit I'm tempted to fly up for the show one year , I've not been to Singapore for years ..like about 8!

I think the Hong Kong fairs will be a much better treat. Even the smallest fair in Nov is like 10x bigger than the sg one. I would love to go to the HK ones... recently heard that the Indonesia ones are fun too... loads of pearls and everything is bigger there (cos the local market love their bling as big as possible).

As for the egg, am still looking for inspirations and a workshop that I feel comfortable to entrust with the setting. There are some surface blemishes on the egg so I would want to show the good side...

These are from Pinterest. Think first one is from Robert Wan, conch is from Mikimoto and no idea where the other two r from.
IMG_1241.jpg

Here is the Golay circled tahitian strand, 8-14mm, with orbit clasp.
Taken on kitchen counter in diffused daylight. Irl it looks mostly silvery/grey.

IMG_4994.jpg

IMG_4993.jpg

IMG_4992.jpg

IMG_4991.jpg

IMG_4990.jpg

OMG! I love Golay pearls. Your collection and photos are much appreciated. I am hope sick and it was so enjoyable to see them.

The waves are elegant. Thanks for sharing. :)

I love those strands ..truly beautiful! They have great designs and the quality is top notch ! Thanks for the wonderful photos ..I'm loving this !

I told John last night that I thought we should go back up to Singapore...he said " I'm happy to do that .." then as he walked out of the room he stopped ..turned back and said " ..there isn't a Jewellery Fair there is there ?? " Damn him ..he's getting smarter ....

Singapore would be a dream. I'm hoping for Tucson ...

OMG! I love Golay pearls. Your collection and photos are much appreciated. I am hope sick and it was so enjoyable to see them.

Saw your note and took a few more pics. U fortunately mummy duties calls but I'll be back tonight (my time) to post.

Take care and rest well.

We were supposed to go to Singapore this year, but the trip ended up being cancelled. I am hoping next year...when is their Jewelry Fair? I am also holding out hope that I can make it to Tucson.

I think it's usually in November ? I have been considering Tucson ...but the time of year means that to visit my sister I have to go to Michigan in FEBRUARY .... omg .... FEBRUARY in Michigan is dreadful. :(

I'm glad to hear that you ladies enjoyed the photos. Here are a few more. Irl the strand is more silvery but comes out darker in the pics.

IMG_1249.jpg

IMG_5211.jpg

IMG_1252.jpg

And then I got distracted by the peacocks haha.

Ahem. As I was saying, I got distracted by the peacocks but they are pretty irresistible...

IMG_1250.jpg

IMG_1251.jpg

IMG_5201.jpg

Here's a close up of the clasps - really like them! The one on the strand lengthens nicely and the ones on the ropes gives many wearing options as they can be clipped on any pearl to wear as lariat, etc.

IMG_1254.jpg

Hope you enjoyed the gratituous shots!

Back