My freshwater pearl drops from China!

Thank you! Yes for 20 they would have been cheap! But it was really funny! ��

So, I lined up a few pearls for the tassel that I would like to make. Here is a picture
image.jpg
The pearls are from 5-5.5 to 2-2.5 mm

Those look great, Katalin!

LD, yikes! I don't mind eggy freshwaters for my purposes, though. For kumihimo, I prefer irregular shapes so the spiral pattern isn't as pronounced.

Yeah, not my brightest moment. I hate typing on the phone but the cat was on my lap and I wasn't going to move!

I love graduated tassels and yours looks like it will be lovely. The only thing I would change - do you have a pearl size between the 2.5 and the next size up? That transition seems rather abrupt (on the 13 line). However, I am pretty sure it won't show up as much when the full tassel is assembled.

Yeah, not my brightest moment. I hate typing on the phone but the cat was on my lap and I wasn't going to move!

I love graduated tassels and yours looks like it will be lovely. The only thing I would change - do you have a pearl size between the 2.5 and the next size up? That transition seems rather abrupt (on the 13 line). However, I am pretty sure it won't show up as much when the full tassel is assembled.

I know that feeling with typing on the phone with someone in my lap...have 3 cats and a 1 year old daughter! :)
Thank you for your tips and suggestions. Lady Disdain, I see what you mean, but unfortuantely I haven't found any size between the 2 sizes, but I hope, it won't be recognizable once its put together.

Those look great, Katalin!

LD, yikes! I don't mind eggy freshwaters for my purposes, though. For kumihimo, I prefer irregular shapes so the spiral pattern isn't as pronounced.

battah-the 2.5 mm pearls are not as round as the bigger ones, and I think Wen has less round pearls also, because my pears are AAA according to her shops grading, but she has AA too.
And what I have seen, that she definitely has egg shaped seed pearls in lilac and pink, but they are not round enough for my purposes.

Katalin last night I was digging through some small pearls I have on hand, and for some reason I thought they were smaller than they actually are. They're quite eggy, and were 3-4mm in size, and are actually perfect for my purposes. So I'm thinking those guys from Wen might work well for me.

How's the luster on those little guys? Do you like them?

Katalin last night I was digging through some small pearls I have on hand, and for some reason I thought they were smaller than they actually are. They're quite eggy, and were 3-4mm in size, and are actually perfect for my purposes. So I'm thinking those guys from Wen might work well for me.

Battah - yes, the luster I like! I think it is very nice for small pearls, but once more my pearls are AAA the less round ones are AA. If that influences the luster of the pearls, I don't know. Maybe order just a small quantity, to try.

battah - by my search for pink seed pearls I just found this on etsy:

AAA Quality Natural Exotic Fresh Water Pearl Smooth Rondelle beads 2.5-3 mm Approx. ,5 inch Strand - from Gaurav Exports
I don't know, if I'm allowed to post links, therefore I posted the item description and the shops name. Maybe have a look! I can't tell you anything about the quality, but they are definitely more potate than round.

My experience with them wasn't the best - the order didn't arrive and they just kept telling me to wait (12 weeks later...). I ended up having to open a case with Paypal. They don't always divulge treatment either (sometimes but not always).
Lady-Disdain - thank you! I wasn't meant to suggest someone, who is not reliable. On the other hand I just wanted to order from them black spinel beads. Do you think I shouldn't?

I know you didn't :) If my order hadn't been lost in the mail, I think everything would have been fine. Since they were, I had to fight for refund.

What size black spinel beads do you want? I got some 2mm (teeny tiny) from this guy and I love them. I am putting together a bracelet and I have already ordered more for a matching necklace.

Back