My first rope and other pieces

I figured out how to flip my photos! I got the idea for this necklace from Kaywal who made a rope out of drop shaped pearls. They're slight more pink than peach and it took forever to pick out enough drop shaped pearls for this strand.

This strand is beautiful! I love the pinks!

Thanks claudenancy and Kaywal :) I really appreciate all the feedback

Hi Borah,

could you write down some instructions on how you get the new thread into the rope as I don?t think you have a very long Power Pro line from the very beginning? I have read other instructions, but have problems with understanding how to do it correctly. You could post it as a completely new thread so it is easy to find.

Hi Inge, I actually just used one length of powerpro for the whole rope. I could never understand the instructions on introducing new lengths of thread, so I decided to try out one length first. When I started knotting, I strung a lot of pearls on first which helped keep the line straight. The rest of the thread was placed on my desk while I knotted the thread that had pearls on it. I didn't have any problems with tangling that way.

Thanks :) Right now I'm waiting on one ring to dry that I'll be mounting a pearl onto and another that I pushed a prong setting into and I'm going to set either a garnet or moonstone. I have another design I'm going to try out in the next couple of days for a pearl ring. I'm also thinking about making some little flowers and mounting a pearl in the center.

We're waiting.:)

Borah - I LOVE those drops. I'm a big fan of non-round pearls and I think they look wonderful. And the rope - wow. I think ropes are so versatile. I'd be afraid if I had one I wouldn't wear other things. hehe Kudos to you!!

You'll have to wait a little longer for ring pictures :p I have one all finished and fired but the 2 others are still in clay form and I haven't put my finishing touches on them yet. Thanks GAW, I love non-rounds too. I think I'm becoming a rope addict as well, I'm sorting out purple pearls for another 5 foot rope. I'll post pictures if I ever finish that one!

I've finally gotten around to putting up pictures of my first silver pearl ring :p (I finished it back in May). It's not perfect but I'm still fond of it. If you look closely from the sides you can see a bit of a gap between the pearl and metal that shouldn't be there and hopefully won't be in my next one. The pearl's a 9/10mm freshwater

Attachments

• DSC06735.jpg
    DSC06735.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 40
  • DSC06736.jpg
    DSC06736.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 37
  • DSC06737.jpg
    DSC06737.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
If you look closely from the sides you can see a bit of a gap between the pearl and metal that shouldn't be there and hopefully won't be in my next one.
I'm going to need my extra super strength magnifying glasses....
Dont tease us please, I implore you, Borah, bigger pictures please please please

Hi purlgurl, I tried! I kept getting an error message that my file was too big so I had to keep resizing and resizing. Does anyone know if there's a way to get around this?

Hi Borah
You should crop all those pictures so the object doesn't have much background left in the pix. Then use the sizes in the box to check what size your format should be - if the cropping doesn't make the pic small enough.

Seems I'm not as tech savvy as I thought as it took me aaages to figure out how to resize my photos. And my cropped areas have shown up as big black margins for some reason :confused: But thank you for your help Caitlin!

Borah replaced the photos in her original post on page two. Go back to see the new and improved photos. Beautiful ring! Having worked at Disneyland for eight years, I have an immediate impression of the side view. ;)

lol, thank you! I actually only realized they looked like mouse ears after I finished firing the ring. I'm working on my next ring right now so I may some more photos next week.

Back