Mixing Colors and Quality

carolinesmith

With my in-depth experience of jewelry quality and specifically pearls in general I always like to look for new and exciting ways that pearls are presented. With that said however, the pearls must always maintain a high quality and be real. I was recently directed to a website ( gator0pearls) by a friend of mine and was skeptical of the products at first because the colors were so vibrant.

Being a skeptic of these at first I decided to look into them more and see what type of quality pearls they used. My friend went to the University of Florida and she recently purchased a set. I have seen these first hand and must say that I was impressed that the colors are just as vibrant as they show and the pearls are top quality. These were extremely neat and I like the innovative twist this company employed.

Last edited by a moderator:
And who are you? And what is your in depth experience with pearls specifically in general?

I can't tell you much it annoys me to have some self-pushing expert link drop in their first post.

Those are really hokey dyed pearls. That tells me you only know about dyed commercial pearls.

You must not know where you are.

That is spam and I don't know why you weren't banned.

Thanks for sharing Caroline. The colors are certainly bright. If you are into dyed pearls that is fine, but the price seems a bit high, especially for the earrings.

that orange colour is repulsive, and the prices?!

Even if you like the Gators, that set is garish. Who are you working for CarolineSmith?

$65.00 for orange studs.

Maybe there is a FLA gators team? And these are their team colors?. If so, this is not the correct venue to advertise!

There is and those dyed pearls are their colors. Perhaps Caroline would like to take a GIA class on pearls?

And who are you? And what is your in depth experience with pearls specifically in general?

That is spam and I don't know why you weren't banned.

;) I let that first post through, Caitlin. Yes, typically those sorts of posts never make it through the two-post moderation cycle to filter out spam, but I thought some might have fun looking at those pearls ;)

Only shills for the linked company EVER review a site positively and put in a plug for it- in their first post.

Well, giving me a chance to member-bash? I was going to say . "Are those colors bright enough for Hisano's project"? I woudn't mind seeing the equivalent in chartreuse, and circus pink/magenta. I don't think I saw many that bright at the Gem show... However I am past my garish pearls stage!

The gators sure have an unfortunate color combination.

Sorry, the pearls in that link in the original post are ghastly! They look like plastic beads for those who are under 10yo!

DK :(

They sell at the Gem show for $3-4 a strand, so BIG profits are involved in individual pieces, but I doubt this one will make him rich! Even if he sells a pair of earrings to every gators fan!

He ought to do Williams College, their colors are purple and gold.

Back