men and pearls

What a nice grandma you are, Pattye! Your grandson looks fantastic in his pearls and I think a strand of dark T’s would be terrific!

Thank you all for your kind comments, Charlotta, Jeg, Jeremy and Douglas!
Hanadama, your remarks ring true about the popularity of white pearls with this generation! I've knotted at least 3 classic strands of Tahitians for guys in the last couple years. Here's hoping for more photos here, of celebrities and "real guys!"

Oh Pattye you have raised that boy right! Absolutely love this.

Alex doesn't wear his Tahitian but he does have one. I hope to get him in a strand someday. He does really like and know about pearls. He has even asked to go with me when I visit Jeremy now but before I had to bribe him with the close by restaurants to Pearl Paradise.

Long-time lurker here posting for the first time as I am, as the young ones today might say, entering my Harry Styles--or is it Timothee Chalamet? A$AP Rocky?--era.

However, as I am neither an actor nor a musician, and do not have the personality or chutzpah (yet?) to carry off a strand, I am keeping things simple. Indigo jeans, a(n overisized) white tee, and a Tahitian solitaire pendant necklace.

It's a custom order from Pearl Paradise as I wanted a longer chain than what they normally offer: 22 inches. The pearl is AAA-grade, has peacock overtones, and is 9-10mm in size. (Shout out to PP's customer service team for their patience!)

Decided on a 14K white gold chain rather than a leather one as I thought it was dressier, if not more modern and minimalist. But I needed it to be slightly longer to be more in line with men's pendant necklaces. Meanwhile, I chose a dark Tahitian because I feel it works well with my brown complexion and black hair.

Given that pearls were "ungendered" up until the 19th century, I hope that men continue to re-embrace pearls, and that its current renaissance will not just be a passing trend. We have missed a lot these past two centuries!

Attachments

• 20230420_144148~2.png
    20230420_144148~2.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 96
  • 20230420_143301.jpg
    20230420_143301.jpg
    599.6 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Nice! I'm very partial to Tahitians on guys.

My husband wears the Tahitian necklace that we had bought for our daughter for her 21st birthday, but she didn't want!
This is an old photo...I really must take an updated one.

View attachment 463714
What a lovely multicolor strand. The blue-green pearls are what catches my eye the most.

I agree re: Tahitians (and black pearls, in general) and men. I think it's the perfect gateway to pearls for us; I am surprised that it has not yet been picked up more by the mainstream.

Also, very sensible husband--we musn't let good pearls go to waste! 😆

So happy you decided to post C.C.! Your Tahitian looks fantastic on you! I just returned from Hawaii, where I love to do pearl sightings. The locals favor dark Tahitians, which is such a treat for me because I love dark Tahitians. Really, I love all Tahitians. I also love all the shells and flowers they wear- men and women. I spotted some younger guys wearing short strands of white pearls. Most likely freshwater pearls. You could pull all of these looks off- I hope your collection continues to grow!

So happy you decided to post C.C.! Your Tahitian looks fantastic on you! I just returned from Hawaii, where I love to do pearl sightings. The locals favor dark Tahitians, which is such a treat for me because I love dark Tahitians. Really, I love all Tahitians. I also love all the shells and flowers they wear- men and women. I spotted some younger guys wearing short strands of white pearls. Most likely freshwater pearls. You could pull all of these looks off- I hope your collection continues to grow!
Thank you for the kind words, jeg, as well as for the encouragement! I am currently visiting the US and it is such a shame I have not included Hawaii in my itinerary. Would have loved to see how younger Hawaiian men are styling their pearls and draw inspiration / mine ideas from them.

Re: Tahitians, I agree that there really is something special about them.

Last edited:
I too am a long time lurker here :) and i LOVE men wearing pearls. Ive seen more and more fake/cheap mens jewellery in menswear sections on the high street ( theres fake pearls necklaces for men in primark at the moment) but i love real pearls and got my man a simple white pearl a while back, and a black pearl on leather strap for christmas - both from the fabulous and very fair priced Pearlesence. He said he decides which ones to wear based on how tanned he is at the time!:love:

Attachments

• image3-2.jpeg
    image3-2.jpeg
    699.1 KB · Views: 71
  • image4-1.jpeg
    image4-1.jpeg
    694.7 KB · Views: 64
  • image5-1.jpeg
    image5-1.jpeg
    711.1 KB · Views: 68
I too am a long time lurker here :) and i LOVE men wearing pearls. Ive seen more and more fake/cheap mens jewellery in menswear sections on the high street ( theres fake pearls necklaces for men in primark at the moment) but i love real pearls and got my man a simple white pearl a while back, and a black pearl on leather strap for christmas - both from the fabulous and very fair priced Pearlesence. He said he decides which ones to wear based on how tanned he is at the time!:love:
Glad you've decided to post as well, freshpearl88! Lucky man to have someone gifting him pearls. Maybe he'll return the favor with a strand or two for you? Hehehe!

Glad you've decided to post as well, freshpearl88! Lucky man to have someone gifting him pearls. Maybe he'll return the favor with a strand or two for you? Hehehe!
hahah that would be good! not had any jewellery... yet...!

Another picture of my bf - this time in his bright white pearl on a black leather thong- this is a fave of his . Looks great on the beach! bought again from Pearlescence.
I really like the bigger off shape white pearls on those leather straps...for men and women! I add a pearl on a leather strap necklace to many of my strands. It is almost choker length and works with so many other pearls. Also reflects the other pearls in the South Sea surface luster!

Back