Linda's Lowly Beading Adventures

Ohh Linda your necklaces are so beautiful!!!! Love the akoya and opals combination, goldens and sunstones and goldens and blues....Stunning!!!

Here are some pyrite beads and amethyst nuggets, a challenge because the pyrite beads had very large holes, which swallowed the knots:
pyrite_amethyst.jpg

Do you visualize these combinations in your head, or buy strands you love willy-nilly, and then lay them together until you get a “that’s it!” moment?
I do the latter! I see a strand I can't resist, and wait until I find what I want to put with them. Although, sometimes I have ideas ahead of time, like the pyrites and amethysts, but the purple and gold is a no brainer. And I have a few strands that are waiting for their moment. My first strand for the new year is akoya keshi and blue topaz. I bought them thinking they would go together, and tried out some other ideas just in case, but these came out:
akoya_keshi_blue_topaz.jpg
Happy New Year!

Lovely new strand Linda. I bet you got a headache putting all those tiny akoyas with their tiny drillholes on wire. I have a strand of those that I still am not pleased with, dreading remaking those. Beautiful pearls but those drillholes...

Both the akoya keshi and today's sample (amethyst and citrine) were done on 10# power pro. That is almost the smallest thread I have, and the drill holes were tiny. I ruined several fine needles in the process of the last month or 2!
amethyst_citrine.jpg

I’ve wow, oh wow, oh wow, that citrine! Sunshine!

Here is something I hadn't seen before: lavender moonstone, strung with regular moonstone:
lavendar_moonstone2.jpg
lavendar_moonstone1.jpg

Oh WOW Linda how beautiful! I had no idea about levander moonstone either, a very pretty color!

I'm all in for the organic looking desert rose jasper :)
I actually have some of these rocks and I never knew they could look like this when worked...wow!

Jaspers are so interesting and beautiful; so pleasant to touch, too, a "worry bead" to reduce stress! Do you wear this doubled, Linda? Great job on the knotting and design of alternating size beads.

Many jaspers from around the US, too! Where does this Desert Rose jasper originate?

Thank you, Douglas and Pattye! The desert rose jasper was listed as coming from Mexico. It is a fascinating stone. I'm adding a close up picture, to see the marvelous patterns:
desert_rose_jasper2.jpg
I used the #20 beaders secret in rose, but now I'm second guessing that.

Back