Josh/Kamoka Pearl fans

So, my turn came to be in Josh' fan club.
To avoid too bad english, I shall put more photos than words if you don't mind ;)
The light was not that good, so you can imagine how nice in good light they look like, sorry have to wait till february now in Paris for nice light.

I shall start by the A grad, having, baroque, semi baroque, circled, button, A, B, C, and enough for some pairs. Lots of different overtones.

The quality has been seen by several people here and much appreciated, of course I focus on the "bio" way of production....which makes the difference, besides quality and friendly trade (thanks Josh and thanks to the forum)

Attachments

• CliClasp-Kpearl-gradA-069.jpg
    CliClasp-Kpearl-gradA-069.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 49
  • CliClasp-Kpearls-gradA-091.jpg
    CliClasp-Kpearls-gradA-091.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 30
  • CliClasp-Kpearls-gradA-886.jpg
    CliClasp-Kpearls-gradA-886.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 40
That really is a nice clasp. An interesting contemporary look.

Josh, will you be showing any pearls in Tucson? You may have mentioned this earlier, but I missed it.

Some more, various shapes, various colors and overtones, differents trials of matching with necklaces and bracelets.
There were a silver one and a blue one, incredible,
some round, circled and baroque

Attachments

• CliClasp-Kpearls-883.jpg
    CliClasp-Kpearls-883.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 42
  • CliClasp-Kpearls-884.jpg
    CliClasp-Kpearls-884.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 43
  • CliClasp-Kpearls-888.jpg
    CliClasp-Kpearls-888.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 39
What a great selection of pearls, Anna! I love my cliclasp bracelet with the Tahitian pearl. It is so clean and modern looking.
John

Here is a selection of button pearls perfect for rings, and some pair for earrings, you can see various colors and overtones.

A very smooth skin, It looks like the thickness of nacre can be "seen" since the camera is refleted onto the pearl, though the light was not good at the moment

Attachments

• CliClasp-Kpearls-buttons-891.jpg
    CliClasp-Kpearls-buttons-891.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 41
  • Cliclasp-Kpearls-892.jpg
    Cliclasp-Kpearls-892.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Can anyone tell me how to pronounce Josh's farm location: Teahupo'o, Tahiti. Ahe, Tuamotus, correctly. Most Aussies tend to mangle other languages, but I am a bit of a pedant about correct pronunciation. I just realised, my little shop is like a mini United Nations, alongside the pieces I produce on the bench here, and local gorgeous glass beads, I have stainless steel from Japan & Italy, Felt from Switzerland, American pens, silver from Indonesia, India, Israel, Greece, Turkey (although not in the same cabinet) and now my precious Kamokas.
I guess there is room for another Caitlin inspired question, what languages do we all speak, other than English here on PG? Perhaps another thread....
Moi, un petit peu de Francais... (Please forgive me if I managed to mangle that.)

Is that Sarah in that video?

Yes ... It is I.
That was definitely one of the scariest and most exhilarating things I have ever done BEFORE COFFEE! 5am I was dragged from my dreams of taro ice cream... and at the pleading of what seemed like a chorus of lurking surfers convinced that I really must "see this wave"!
So we sped head long to the very edge of the wave's spray.. entertaining ourselves and our neighbors with healthy rounds of "if you're happy and you know it.. clap your hands". Bobbing up and down with many other boats and jet skis, desperately trying not to run into anyone while we all vied for the best position to see each competing surfer drop into what I was sure would be his certain death. If the video doesn't give the virtual reality.. I will attest that the wave is so strong.. I thought I would be blown out of the boat simply from the spray! The wave is curved in such a way that it simply stops at nearly the same place every time.. you only know that if you live there! The conditions were epic as the sun rose, the glow of the surfers as they emerged unscathed and harnessing the power of the mighty ocean, I guess I would liken it to watching the most dangerous Olympics ever. From what I understand.. when you are in the tube at Teahupo'o it moves so fast.. that you literally have to point your board towards a wall of water and have faith that it will open up to be blue sky.
Celeste was working on this video quite a lot at this time.. I was only a little bummed when the Lonely Planet editors deleted the clip of me brushing my teeth on the beach, dribbling toothpaste foam as she introduced herself and the rest of us.
More good times, I will not forget!
(and yes the taro ice cream at the family style restaurant stands that open up along the beach during the surf competition.. is worth dreaming about!)

Chapeau! Sarah, you are a very brave girl.

I just sent the video Ramona shared with us, along with Sarah's comment, to my dentist who is a fanatic surfer and travels around the world in search of the perfect wave.

Last edited:
We could make a game of this. You know, like a Sarah version of Where's Waldo?

Back