Hong Kong

Mikey, very nice of you to take Brady out to Stanley market. When I was in HK in the early 80s, there was a Stanley Market... is it the same place? I still have some of the silk shirts I bought there. The silk quality was excellent and the colors have never faded. HK had some of the best meals I've ever had too.

Thank you for the detailed reporting Katbran! It was a lot of fun seeing your pictures and reading your posts. It would be amazing to make a trip there and see everything in real life, but I don't think that's going to happen any time soon for me. Hope you have a safe trip home!

It's never enough time to see everyone you want to. I just saw Sarah and her friend at the airport while I was waiting for a friend from Japan. I also spent the morning with Brady. We took a side trip out to Stanley village. He hadn't had a chance to do some exploring and I hate it when people come here and miss out on some of the sites. So I went into tour guide mode. We had a good time. He is off to LA and I never did find my friend from Japan. But I will. We will meet next time. Looking forward to it. Cheers!

That's great! This trip was so rushed for us (four days to get it all done), we were terrible tour guides! We're already back home in Los Angeles.

Jeremy, Hisano, Brady and Katbran and Mikeyy: Thank you for taking us along!!! It was so interesting. It reminded me of the clothing shows my parents used to take me to. Booth after booth of jeans or cowboy shirts or boots or squash blossom necklaces. Except I think I would enjoy the pearl show much much more. I was never into cowboy attire.

Last edited:
That's great! This trip was so rushed for us (four days to get it all done), we were terrible tour guides! We're already back home in Los Angeles.

It was good seeing you all. Brady seemed to be really enjoying HK and I like putting on my tour guide hat occasionally.

Mikey, very nice of you to take Brady out to Stanley market. When I was in HK in the early 80s, there was a Stanley Market... is it the same place? I still have some of the silk shirts I bought there. The silk quality was excellent and the colors have never faded. HK had some of the best meals I've ever had too.

Thank you for the detailed reporting Katbran! It was a lot of fun seeing your pictures and reading your posts. It would be amazing to make a trip there and see everything in real life, but I don't think that's going to happen any time soon for me. Hope you have a safe trip home!

Yes, Stanley has changed but it's still chilled out compared to HK and Kowloon. We posted a video on my FB page. You can have a look and see if it looks familiar. ;)

Mikeyy, the video was so much fun ... so nice of you to take Brady on a tour ... I was secretly relieved the cobras didn't make an appearance :)

Thank you for all the photos, Katbran! What a fun thread to see your trip and all the pearls!

Yes, Stanley has changed but it's still chilled out compared to HK and Kowloon. We posted a video on my FB page. You can have a look and see if it looks familiar. ;)

I'm going to have to dig you up on facebook now!!! :D

Mikey - I'm sure we will catch up next time :) So nice of you to take Brady around , I'm sure you guys had fun and it's great that he had a chance to see something a bit different. It's such a long way to go that it would have been a shame if he only saw Kowloon and the Exhibition centre ! Great videos !

I didn't see Sarah either tho I was keeping an eye out for her . I've never had to opportunity to meet her and she seems like such a sweetie that I was sorry to miss the opportunity ! Next time Sarah!

Thank you all for all the 'thank you's " ! I'll have to sort through the photos and see if I've missed anything interesting !

Back