Black Friday Edison Romantic Comedy

Shawna

My Black Friday PP purchase, a 14mm white Edison pendant, was supposed to be delivered Saturday...but apparently there was some sort of mix-up and it went back to a sorting facility in Dallas.

This morning, when I arrived at work, I realized that (because I had dressed in the dark) I had accidentally grabbed my lavender graduated strand instead of my green Vietnamese akoyas. On a teal-green and black dress. Lavender on teal-green: NOT a good look. So I was bummed out.

A few minutes later, the magical email arrives: Your Package Has Been Delivered. I have already complained to my husband about the lavender pearl snafu, and now I bug him about this new piece of bad luck as well: the pearl was delivered ten minutes before we left our house this morning, and the lavender mistake could have been avoided. He says, "Go home and get it!" I'm like, "Leave work? What? I have to write." He repeats, "Go after it!"

So like the sassy BFF in a romantic comedy, he's convinced me to dump the bad boyfriend and rush to the airport before my dream partner can escape.... I'm glad I went back after them!

I bought it partly to pair with this 11mm Edison ring I already had. I love how the yellow golds are playing backup for the nice bit of orient in both pearls. Not a terrible match!

Attachments

• Photo on 12-4-17 at 10.18 AM #2.jpg
    Photo on 12-4-17 at 10.18 AM #2.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 38
Thanks, BWeaves and Pearl Dreams! My Christmas this year is new carpeting for the upstairs (alas!), so this pearl high has to last until Valentine's Day....

Back home, I can show you the lavender graduated strand--fairly typical 4-9mm strand--and the small 6mm green Vietnamese akoyas. I adore these green ones, and if I had picked them up this morning, none of this would have happened! The first two pictures are in outdoor (but low) light. Other pictures show what I'm wearing the new Edison pendant with now that I'm at home, and then how it looks in indoor, artificial light. IMG_3794.jpg IMG_3795.jpg IMG_3796.jpg IMG_3797.jpg

Back