Hong Kong September 2015

pearlescence

purveyor of pearls UK/EU
I've been hit...inexplicably...with horrible jet-lag this trip. Going to sleep on England time and waking on HK time. But here are the first few days of this sourcing trip. Which has been a lovely kaleidascope of great pearls,delicious food and wonderful pearl friends old and new.
Www.pearlescence.co.uk/blog/
It's such tough job....

Thanks for sharing your experiences so far! Always so much fun to read!

You would not have been jealous of my feet last night!
More blog (yesterday)uploaded
Shame Bigwell didn't respond or turn up.
Today going to hk museum to see imperial jade burial suit before heading back to asia world expo

Thanks for posting this blog info! And I know all too well the pain of swollen feet from working many trade shows years ago. We used to have a secret...take a dresser drawer and carefully put it under the end of the mattress where your feet are. If you cannot take out the drawer, you can also use stacked, rolled towels.

Well done Wendy ! What fun ..just finished the blog ..such a good read !
Thanks for posting this blog info! And I know all too well the pain of swollen feet from working many trade shows years ago. We used to have a secret...take a dresser drawer and carefully put it under the end of the mattress where your feet are. If you cannot take out the drawer, you can also use stacked, rolled towels.[/QUOTE

How clever of you ! All the flying I do and never thought to do that !! Though my Qantas flights have lie flat beds so it's not too bad anymore ..it's more when I fly to areas that are warm and humid a few hours wandering around and I have basketball feet ..I'll try your tip tonight as I just got off a plane to Madrid .

Flight socks and and a couple of pillows to elevate feet...plus as much fidgeting as you can
Possibly my aching feet caused by 12k+ steps round pearl hall though

Thanks for sharing with us, Wendy! Those Edision pairs look fab, and the WSS and GSS strand is TDF!

Pearlescence HK 9-15.jpg

Well, I'm back home. Great and successful trip with many pearls and findings found. I took my pedometer with me and these are the readings.8kAyC3ZP.jpg
average of days before show proper going around wholesalers in Kowloon: 8,500
First day of show:12,729
second day of show :7,507
walking around airports there and back:8453 (airbus A380 tends to need a parking spot at the ends of the gates)
I took a quick snap of the pearl hall (one of 15 halls at one of the two venues) as I left. This is the view of one aisle. Maybe 20 stands...and there were 25 aisles. 15 halls
I never got out of the pearl hall!

Back