Hong Kong Jewelry Show September 2017 and Facebook LIVE!

Thank you Cathy! I had forgot :). I was able to head back into the first video and refresh my memory.
I was there at the fb live when he was showing it too. Lol. I guess after seeing those Vietnamese akoyas, and the 8000 lot, I've been just dreaming about those. ;) . Lol

First day here and met up with Jeremy, Hisano and Brady. After Hisano and Brady headed in for the evening Jeremy and I met up with Justin Hunter and friends. I can tell you that I got back to my place at 4:30a.m.. It takes a long time to sort out the entire pearling industry but after a few drinks I think we have it. LOL. Hong Kong, What a town. Better get cracking. Lots to do today. Last day of the EXPO and I have people I need to catch up with there. Then it's back to Hong Kong island and the convention center and the pearl auctions in a few days. Might even have to have a couple more drinks. Only because it's sooo hot and when it's sooo hot you need to hydrate. Beer and scotch is wet so I have been using that method. Let me know if I am doing anything wrong please. ;) I will try and take some pics today. Oh, and I need to let Brady know that I think a couple of shots of scotch helps steady the camera. Anyway, it's a theory I am developing.

It's 9 am here now and we are headed out in 45 minutes. We have to stop by to check in our luggage before heading to the show, so we should be going live in 1.5-2 hours from now. Hopefully we will have no more internet issues and HOPEFULLY it won't be 110 degrees at the venue for the next few hours before we get on the flight home!

Thanks for the update. I hope you have working internet and AC.

Not a bit ... rescue any dogs yet Mikeyy? Good pearl hunting :)

Looking forward to the FB live!

Mikeyy: lol, glad you arrived safely.

I will try the live thing. Doubt if I am that technically inclined but we will see. I need a 12 year old to show me how to do that sort of thing. Cheers, See ya'll at the show.

Some of the golden akoya are coming home with Hisano!!

GoldenAkoya.jpg

Oooooo, I had a feeling Hisano could charm her way in getting some of the beauties home. I can't wait to see what she does with them!!!

Oooooo, I had a feeling Hisano could charm her way in getting some of the beauties home. I can't wait to see what she does with them!!!

I know. Little h pieces such as rings, tiny earrings, something else. These are so beautiful, even in a screen capture.

GoldenAkoya2.jpg

Been enjoying and catching up on the live videos. Isn't technology just amazing!
That said.. I tried to email Brady but no reply. Maybe my email went to spam. Ahh

When I was in Hong Kong two years ago, they had just been changing over to these newer lights. They show up as blue bands in photographs. The energy vibration of the lighting is something that wreaks havoc with the frame rate of video. It would not flicker with real film, but who can use real film these days?

The worst for me was when these lights started showing up in Tucson and Las Vegas. Getting a good photograph is next to impossible. You have to step away from the lights and count on the ambient light of the hall.

Still, you really get the idea of what the show is like. Brady is a trouper! :)

I tried e-mailing Brady, too, and didn't get a response. He may be inundated. Those videos were really popular. I was lusting after a pistachio rope, but there may not be enough pearls since I got my request in after the video had been up for some hours.

When I was in Hong Kong two years ago, they had just been changing over to these newer lights. They show up as blue bands in photographs. The energy vibration of the lighting is something that wreaks havoc with the frame rate of video. It would not flicker with real film, but who can use real film these days?

The worst for me was when these lights started showing up in Tucson and Las Vegas. Getting a good photograph is next to impossible. You have to step away from the lights and count on the ambient light of the hall.

Still, you really get the idea of what the show is like. Brady is a trouper! :)

Maybe the trick is to carry a piece of white board with you that can act as buffer to block some of the direct overheads?

Back