First time pearl knotter

pammbw

First (successful) knotting project! Had a few failed attempts with silk, and other nylon thread, then decided to order Beaders Secret and what a difference! No more thread burn, sore hands and wonky knots! I love making my own jewelry and am looking forward to many more pearl projects in my future! Thanks for all the great info on this forum!

Pearls are small 6mm a bit off round freshwater that my hubs brought home from Pearl Market in Beijing a while back. I used Beaders Secret in Shell for these blush colored pearls, with a basic silver clasp.

4 (300x400).jpg

5 (300x400).jpg

Wow those pearls are really pretty! You did an excellent job and the thread colour is perfect for those pearls.

Thanks for selling such a good product. It really saved my bacon, I was about to give up and admit failure. Now I will be able to use all the strands he brought home for me and make some nice gifts for family members, and send him back with a nice long shopping list! Lol! (As soon as I get off jewelry probation- too many purchases! Lol)

I never knew thread could be that much of a difference. I thought it was all my bad technique.

Nicely done Pam! I'm sure your family will treasure your creations.

Oh, nice job on the knotting! Beaders Secret really does make a huge difference, doesn't it!

Great job Pam. I love beaders secret also. I had to undo a knot that slipped last week and never could have done it with silk.

Pammbw, what a nice job on restringing your pearls! Welcome to PG. Your husband and family will be delighted by your efforts! Pattye and her wonderful products have saved many of us who thought we were just hopelessly bad at pearl stringing :)

You definitely picked the right color thread there. And your knots are so nice and tight. :)

I used to use Griffin silk with the attached needle but it was just awful going. Thread really matters.

Pam--for your first project, these are wonderful! You did a wonderful job and I am excited for you venturing into other projects!! The pearls (and thread) are beautiful! Congratulations!!

Thanks everyone! Glad to be here, love this forum! The pink pearls I will be giving to my step-mother. She is a breast cancer survivor so pink pearls would be a nice gift. I just finished black and white strands, and will be keeping these for myself. I have several more strands to string up, will post them as I get them done. Thanks for all the help and kind words!

6 (389x400).jpg

OOO, those black and white strands will look great worn looped like that.

Great job Pam, it looks great!!
I also had tremendous success with Beader's Secret and it'll be my go-to now. I got good at using silk, BUT like you I had thread burn and blisters on my hand from trying to pull the silk really tight! I'm glad I'm not the only one!

Oh yeah, I used to get thread burn and blisters from silk, too. It never happens with Beader's Secret because the knots go exactly where I want them to go.

I've only used BS and Power Pro to string, and both are great to work with. Of the two, BS is by far much smoother and easier on the hands. You did great... what is your next project?

I have a long multi colored pink/white/lavender rope in the works, but can't finish till after the holiday weekend. I also ordered a few strands from Wen for future projects.

Back