Colorful FW Easter Egg Necklace Rope and White Pearl Ropes

Gemandpearlover

I have been beading my heart out recently. :) Here is a 60" 10-11mm FW off-round colored pearl necklace that I made after work yesterday and two 10-11 mm round white FW ropes I made last week. One was strung with Beader's Secret and the others with nylon thread. I found the nylon thread a bit challenging at times as the thread would twist around itself and needed to be straightened out before knotting. I had one knot slip in one white necklace. I find the Beader's Secret to be much easier to work with. But all in all, I think I am getting better at beading.

IMG_0731.jpg

IMG_0713.jpg

Good job! Long necklaces are tricky.

I threw out all my beading silk and only use Beader's Secret now. It's not worth the aggravation of using a thread I have to fight.

They are beautiful Gemandpearllover, I only use Beaders secret to. To much work with silk and it stretches.

Beautiful, Gemandpearlover! I too, only use Beader's Secret because it's by far the easiest to work with. :)

Thank you 86Corvettegirl. :) I have a some strands of ivory/pinks and I am thinking of using mist color Beader's Secret to string them. Beading has been a fun hobby for the winter.

G&PL,

Simply luscious ropes, well done!! You'll be receiving many compliments! Subtle or bold effects are created with contrasting thread! Please show us when your pearl and Mist thread project is done!

Happy to know this Serafil thread is working well for so many of us! (My silks are 100% retired, too.)

Last edited:
Thank you Suchi, Katbran, Peter, and Pattye. : ) I can't wait to see what Katbran creates with Navy thread- I know it will be beautiful. I only have 3 needles left from what I bought from Pattye and Pattye your needles really are the best. I am not just saying that- they really are superior to any other needles I have bought and I need to buy some more, and maybe some dark green thread to restring my Tahitians. So much fun!

Great job. That multi-color rope is Easter egg and totally Spring and Summer, too. :)

Back