Fair feedback for this GSS pearl with messy drill hole!

Ebay ratings are meant to refer to the transaction, including 'Item not as described" satisfactory communication etc, you can dink him hard. Paypal holds the money anyway until you post a good review. Let them know, they work fast in returning your money.

I'm sure you'll be able to get your money back, just be sure this isn't a vendor you wish to purchase from in the future. I only say that because leaving negative feedback or opening a dispute (both of which would be very justifiable) create the possibility that you will be blocked from future purchases.

You could just use the seller's 14 day return policy (assuming it's the seller I think it is) and get your money back; that would not require filing a dispute.

Pearl Dreams, that way she would lose shipping both ways just because the seller wasn't honest about describing the pearl.

- Karin

I would open a case through eBay. The item is a SNAD to me and you will receive a full refund. Price paid including your shipping. From his second response it appears to me that he has some knowledge of the pearls defect to the point that he has suggestions on how to use it as a pendant. You can't have it both ways. He was fully aware of what he was selling you. I would do an item significantly not as described and your should have no problem getting a refund. eBay has access to any correspondence through their messaging system so they will see the truth. You can put an explanation in the case letting them know that knotting or securing the pearl with the large elongated hole is not feasible and for that reason it can not be used. Good luck but you really shouldn't have a problem getting a refund. ~d

Pearl Dreams, that way she would lose shipping both ways just because the seller wasn't honest about describing the pearl.

- Karin

No, she would receive a return of her original price including original shipping.

She would have to pay return shipping, but she will have to do that anyway if the seller selects the reply to "return for refund". PayPal does not make the seller pay for return shipping.

However I now agree that she ought to either file a dispute or keep the pearl and drill it out to string on leather.

Usually when eBay decides in your favor and has you return the item to the seller. eBay usually sends you a link with prepaid postage either through USPS or FedEx and you chose the one you want to use. It's their way to track the package. Once ebay sees that it has been delivered they issue you the full refund. But this only happens once the case is exculated for them to decide on. ~d

I put below what can be done when larger holes, just an idea to rescue a pearl...

Attachments

• P1160736-perles-sur-cuir-tresse-3-mm-anna-t.jpg
    P1160736-perles-sur-cuir-tresse-3-mm-anna-t.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 40
So, I opened a case this AM requesting a partial refund and explaining why, and the seller responded with an offer to take the item back and refund my original purchase $ + shipping, but not to cover the return shipping. I feel like I shouldn't be out shipping costs on a item that was clearly not in good condition and the seller didn't disclose it. Also, I really think that this seller will likely just try to sell it again in it's current condition without disclosing it to someone less knowlegable about pearls. I had asked for a partial refund in my message, but this was not offered, and there doesn't really seem to be an option (at least yet) with eBay to go this route, it simply asks for my return tracking info when I have sent the item back. Anyone with any advice as to what to do now?

There is no way to force him to refund your return shipping. You could call eBay Customer Service and talk to an employee and ask them for courtesy return shipping label, if it is worth your time to save a few dollars.

A good seller would pay for return shipping when he was at fault. Your seller ought to have disclosed the defective drill hole and is now acting as though that is your problem. For that alone he deserves a negative, but leave no feedback until the entire transaction is over.

Has the transaction been escalated to eBay? If not, there should still be that option. Only if eBay rules that you hve to pay return shipping and provide the shipping number are you out of options. I had that happen once with a salwar kameez that was not even the fabric listed in auction. It would have cost more to return it by signed for mail than what I would have been refunded so that was a case of eBay ruling against a customer. They never answered my attemps to explain the situation either. But as the second salwar kameez from the same seller (also having some issues) was refunded without having to be returned, I guess it evened out.

Anyway, you can escalate the case to eBay's decision asking for the partial refund.

- Karin

I have never asked for a partial refund, but I do know that escalating the case is the only way I have avoided paying return postage. Good luck. ~d

I can't seem to figure out how to escalate the case, it only gives me the option to put in a tracking number for my return...do I need to wait a certain amount of time? I'll do some digging around again, grrr!

I know! And really, it wasn't that expensive, and I know it's kind of "buyer beware" on eBay, but it's really more the point of it. I would have even considered still purchasing the pearl, had the flaw been disclosed. I'm just asking for a little honesty here, people! I'ts more the point of the thing now, I hate it when people try to "get something over" on unsuspecting people, it's just such a lame thing to do! And...I'm not a tough person to please, I've never given a negative feedback before! All I want is honesty and good communication, why is that so much to ask?

No, you deserve an honest transaction. This guy is clearly not honest.

My hubby is selling some rock posters on eBay right now. Paypal withholds the money until the customer give a positive rating, so he has not been paid yet. That's why I thought you could complain to paypal... Go to the resolution center.

My husband's payments are not delayed until he receives feedback. I believe eBay hold the payment for 21 days when the seller has fewer than 100 feedbacks, but it can happen for high-ticket items as well, and perhaps other situations.

Wow! This is the first time I have heard of paypal withholding money until feedback given. Lots of customers never give feedback. E-checks through paypal can take several days to clear, and perhaps the new 6 month payment option does also, but paypal advises not to ship and the label cannot be printed until the payment clears.

Back