Did I do good?

Renna

Community member
Long time, no post. I've been cursed with a car that lives only to break down and haven't had funds for pearls in years...but I caved on these.

I think I did good! I nabbed the second pair of Edisons in this listing - I was amazed they hadn't sold already, whenever people offer options in a listing I always miss out on the best ones. Too slow. These were 38 plus tax and I think they look really nice, although I haven't seen Edisons in person in a REALLY long time and can't be positive.

They're 14 mm. I've also never worn a pearl that large but if I just stick one in I can be the Girl With The Pearl Earring. They sound enormous haha.

edisonpearls.jpg

edisonpearls2.jpg

They certainly have nice luster, and I'm not sure how you could go wrong paying just $38+ tax on those.

Do post some photos of your own when they arrive!

Heaven's sake! Miss a day and look what skates by, sigh.
Hey, Renna, welcome back!
Those are swoon-worthy, I hope we get to see them irl pics because I'm having trouble visualizing the size. You did good, oh yes.

Last edited:
Thank you everyone! Good to see you again too Lisa :)

I got them! They are definitely flawed, with lumps and one black spot, but in the ears they do face up pretty clean and the flaws are not visible from a normal social distance. They’re quite pretty and yes, they’re big. My sister and I were at dinner and I asked her if she liked the “biggest pearls in the world,” at which point she said “wait, they’re real?!”. Hahaha. And then we had a lovely discussion about pearls and saltwater vs freshwater and orient and nacre layers and she told me to go be a “pearlier.” I am down for that.

E6F53B3A-6AE7-4C3B-A7E8-720CDB85962C.jpg

8C095409-1EBA-444F-A756-DC54128F80E9.jpg

B264BA55-1B1B-4CEF-9668-C95A6524E9D5.jpg

EB16AF60-B1AB-4A4D-9C6F-629802994255.jpg

3ADE52E6-431C-4A83-8829-410216D693F2.jpg

They have nice luster; no one will notice the tiny dark spot. I think you did fine!

Renna, you look terrific in your lustrous earrings! I feel a little imperfection is beautiful (wabi-sabi). If the black spot really annoys you, find some well matching nail polish, and just put the tiniest bit right on the black spot! Our dear Caitlin often did this and I feel she would approve of me mentioning this to you.

Renna, that's the Girl with the Pearl, right there, WOW.

Thank you for saying that Pattye! I think of Caitlin and her nail polish talents frequently.

Last edited:
Oooh, those are really pretty! It's doubtful any polite person would be close enough to see that tiny black spot. ;)

Way pretty enough for a right side up photo flip ... you did good! Pattye, thanks for the "Oh, that's just a dab of nail polish ;) " memory :)
RSUP.jpg

Back