y'all are BETTER THAN APPRAISERS! - i was told when asking online about pearls

All right, I'm gonna keep them. I guess I better wander over to lowly beaders and figure out how to restring them!

Good for you! It's really not hard.

Get yourself some 20# Power Pro in white, or else Pattye's Serafil thread from her Etsy shop (easier to make knots with this one.) A couple of wire needles, a cheap X-Acto knife to cut the pearls apart, and you are in business. I like to use pointy tweezers to place my knot where I want it, but you can do without them if you use the Serafil thread, as it slides nicely into place. The same is true of Beaders Secret thread.

Now-- a word of warning. The necklaces are a bit snug now, right? When you restring them they will be even shorter, because all the stretched-out knots will be replaced with nice, tight ones. So you might want to think some more about the idea of using pearls from both necklaces to make one slightly longer necklace, and using the rest of the pearls to make a bracelet. Or you could add other beads at intervals to lengthen the necklace, and make it a bit more modern.

Last edited:
I found a couple pictures of Kay wearing the pearls. I think she is wearing one strand in one picture and both in the other. Although the latter one is pretty fuzzy. These were taken in 1957. kay0003.jpgkay0002.jpg She was a beauty.

The mark on the clasp looks like a capital L with a capital C above it, as if the C were stacked upon the L, like blocks.

nice job with the photos!

Last edited:
Kay really was lovely. This is a fascinating thread--enjoy your new pearls!

Taking care of nine children, you SO deserve pearls in your life! People here wear pearls while cleaning horse stables.

I wore pearls this morning to mass with matching flip flops, Karin ;)

The mark on the clasp looks like a capital L with a capital C above it, as if the C were stacked upon the L, like blocks. nice job with the photos!

When I googled symbol for Neptune, the symbol for "psi" came up which it essentially neptune without the cross bar.
https://www.google.com/search?q=sym...official&channel=sb&tbm=isch&q=symbol+for+psi

Psi is a greek letter pronounced as "ps" in Greek though just plain "s" in English, It has an association with the word "bar" with one "psi bar" equivalent to barometric pressure at sea level.....

very interesting Caitlin. - not sure what to make of it but it remarkably similar and definitely the closest likeness i've seen!

Analilia, I've been following this thread with interest, but I have to say your photographs are absolutely knocking me out!! They're incredible. The detail, the focus, the up-close shots are simply dazzling, and a wonderful contribution to this forum. I have truly enjoyed your posts (and gotten some good photography ideas to boot!). I feel like everyone here has done a great job advising you, and I have nothing to add except again - phenomenal photos!! :cool:

Thank you so much! :) I can't take any credit though. My sister just bought me a new phone and put me on her plan so I could have internet. She let me pick the phone (she's nice that way). So after researching I picked the one that seemed most like an awesome camera that could also make phone calls and use apps, because I never forget my phone to important events but i somehow manage to always forget my camera :/ And the winner was..................... the LG G3

It really has an awesome camera.

13 megapixels Flash: Dual LED
Aperture size: F2.4
Camera sensor size: 1/3.06"
Features: PopupBack-illuminated sensor (BSI), Autofocus, Touch to focus, Optical image stabilization, Face detection, Smile detection, ISO control, Burst mode, Geo tagging, High Dynamic Range mode (HDR), Panorama, Voice activation
Camcorder: 3840x2160 (4K) (30 fps), 1920x1080 (1080p HD) (30 fps)
Features: Digital image stabilization
Front-facing camera: 2.1 megapixels

Thank you, again!

update on symbol

from my daughter's teacher

but the little picture is on the symbol for OM! It
represents the sign of eternal peace.

Thanks for sharing these.

Regards,
Shefali

Back