Buying and Selling on eBay

Nerida,
As I have stated in my edit above, it was my mistake and you have my apologies. I'm sorry to read what you had to endure at that fair. It does tend to make steam come out of ones ears, doesn't it?!?!

Best regards,
Marc

All good, JMarcus - I really didn't make myself too clear the first time round.

J Marcus;36251 It is my opinion that said:
Wow, I couldn't agree more with this comment! Whether it is stealing copy and photos from another's website, lying about products, or providing an avenue for fraudulent trade, unethical businesses harm far more than their customers. The reputation and validity of our industry is at stake, and all stakeholders should speak out when appropriate!

Thank you so much Cathy!! It actually isn't "live" yet - still waiting for the payment gateway to be up and running and a few final revisions. Weird, the gateway people need to see the site in existence before approval of the facility, and yet, obviously if the site is up, you expect the gateway to be there.... by Friday it should all be done!

Thanks Jerin and everyone! I actually managed to sell one pair of earrings... No pearls in them, though. I?ll buy gold findings and more silver findings soon and when I get them I?ll start using the gorgeous pearls and gemstones I bought from Kojimapearl and Druzydesign...

eBay had better luck in France than they did in N.Y. I read that last week a judge ruled against Tiffany & Co. in favor of eBay. This means that trademark owners are responsible for protecting their brands against counterfeiters and that e-commerce sites can continue to sell counterfeit merchandise to consumers.:mad:

Gail

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone!

I haven`t had acess to the internet for quite a few days because the internet port on my laptop seems to be broken. I have some news that might be of interest. As you know I have been working to set up an eBay shop. I have made one pair of simple earrings that I sold just to try it out and then I had to wait until I had access to some nice goldfindings before I could try it out for real. I got the findings a few days back and after lots of fun and work I have now made a few things that I`m planning to list on Thursday or Friday. Three of them have some really nice pearls, and I`m particulary pleased with them.

Of course I`m slightly worried about what the “professionals” on the forum will think but it will also be interesting. I spent some time taking photos of the jewelry I made and they turned out just fine, very similar to what they look like in real life which can be tricky when you are photographing gems.

I`ll post the link when they are listed.

/Mervione

Hi Mervione,

Best wishes, can't wait to see your designs and photos!

Good luck Mervione! I am looking forward to seeing what you've created! :)

Because of more internet problem I haven`t been able to list my jewelry until now. I still haven`t listed the fifth piece of jewelry but I am working on it.

Here is finally the link to my jewelry:

http://myworld.ebay.com/thetreasurechamber

Last edited:
I just listed the last thing. A tahitian pearl pendant. I know I said that I were going to list three pearl items but I decided to keep one of them, sorry!

Hi Mervione! There are 5 items listed on your Ebay shop and all of them are pretty. My favorite is the "stunning enhancer with Tahitian pearl". I like the way you have combined garnets with amethyst, or amethyst with apatite, and gold and silver in all your pieces. Very creative and artistic! Many congratulations and good wishes!:)

Thanks Amrita! It`s great to get such nice feedback...

I really don`t have any problems with the creativity, believe me... I made a few designs on paper because that felt professional, but I haven`t used a single one of the drawings because it`s so much funnier to pick up some wire, some beads and some tools (yeah, I`m an octopus, I can pick up more than two things at the same time... I wish) and see what you end up doing!

Keep it up Mervione, you'll just get better and better. And keep collecting the gem beads and pearls so you will have more to choose from.

I like how you boldly show your wire wrapping skills. I also love the close fitting briolette wrap with the daisy bead topper. Good work!

Thanks everyone!

Caitlin: I just bought some more pearls of different types from Druzy as well as some nice gemstone beads, so I think you can expect greater variation from now on... It`s always nice to have lots to choose from, can`t wait til I recieve them... Was some nice multicolour freshwater offrounds, some tahitians and golden and silver SS.

Knotty: I actually used to hate doing briolettes because I thought it was hard but I kinda got forced into it because I failed at finding gold head pins, but now I like itmuch more and I`m very pleased with my results so far. I think it might be a good idea to sometimes do things you dislike or are bad at because obviously you might change your mind about it and it might be a good thing for you. I`m glad I got forced into it because wrapping briolettes seems pretty basic and you have a lot of use of knowing it...

Speaking of wire (well, sort of...) which kind is the best to use for making eye pins and briolettes? Half-hard or hard?

Also, have anyone any experience with Pasternak Findings? I`m thinking of ordering some wire from them since that was the only place I`ve seen that have half hard/hard wire in 18/22 k.

Half-hard. Pasternak. Now there's a blast from the past. I haven't used them in forever, but for no particular reason on their part. I'm usually buying something else and get the wire at the same place as an afterthought and to save shipping.

Hi Mervione -

Really nice work. I have knotting and wire-wrapping envy. Your use of the briolettes is great. Can't wait to see more!

Back