Black & White

pkinnew

I've been working with Chenai for awhile on this project and want to share the current rendition. I fell in love with the Knightley strand but wanted something longer and smaller mm so this is what Chenai has come up with. It'll be 26" (I believe!) with white SS and Tahitian pearls. I'm torn between the symmetrical look (shown) and a non-symmetrical design. I will use a pearl shortener to wear it shorter but I think the longer length will look fantastic over turtlenecks & sweaters. Obviously this is not a glamour shot - she took this with her cell phone. What do you think - symmetrical or not?

P.S. - For those on pricescope sorry for the post duplication!

Attachments

• 20141106_173111.jpg
    20141106_173111.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 35
assymetrical, it would have more surprises that way and please post more pictures :)

Oh, I'd love to see the assymetrical version too :) Either way, it's going to be stunning!

I would love to see the pearls randomly placed for this one...with a really cool clasp that could be worn in front (with an enhancer/clip-on). A random placement to look as if they were strung as they came out of the oyster, one by one.

Both would be beautiful, but it might be more fun to switch them up. :)

Here's the new design - love it!

Attachments

• Nov 07 2014 2.jpg
    Nov 07 2014 2.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 39
I like the asymetrical look as well.

Here is something I have found: what looks great on the beading board sometimes looks all wrong on my neck.

Before getting it knotted, ask Chenai to string it temporarily on a thread and hold it up to someone's neck for a shot. Then decide.

The asymmetrical arrangement is more pleasing to me also. Pearl Dreams has some good advice on neck trials!

I love it! :)
Pattye, that is something I hadn't considered in this case. It sounds like a good idea to see how the pattern falls on a real neck. :)

GemGeek.

I think that was Pearl Dream's suggestion, and I also agree; I keep designer wire at the ready for a quick temporary string to see if the pattern looks like I want and hangs correctly. Asymmetrical is not easy!

As for the 3-3-3 arrangement, usually I prefer 3-2-3 or 3-1-3, so one color leads, if that makes any sense.

That is a really lovely configuration - I love it! Beautiful job. :)

I too prefer the more random pattern. And the advice on a neck shot is very good ! (as one would expect from the very wise Pattye ! ) . I too have found that what looks great on a board can need a touch of readjusting when actually worn. I do a lot with stones and a few random large pearls..so the placement of the pearls is crucial..like Pattye I always use wire first and fit it to the person.

I think the new design is striking !

Neck Shot

Neck Shot

Here's the neck shot from Chenai! Love it!

Attachments

• Neck Shot.jpg
    Neck Shot.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 32
Perfect! And Pearl Dreams always gives great advice. I just get confused when I am faced with all this pearly beauty! :)

Back