Best way to sell my custom-made double strand Freshadama?

dkan 168

Hi peeps,

It has been a while since I posted in the forums, although I have been a lurker and continued to read the forum posts from time to time.

I would appreciate your input please with regard to the best way to sell my custom-made double strand 8-9mm Freshadama necklace.

I was planning to list it on eBay, however, I hesitated, as I believe the significance of "Freshadama" is unlikely to be appreciated. However, I could be wrong.

The appraisal document has been mislaid, and I have e-mail PP to enquire whether it would be possible to obtain a replacement, as the specification of the necklace is clearly listed in my order history.

I hope the PG community could help me, and many thanks for your help in advance.

DK :)

Long time, no see. I am so sorry you must sell some pearls. Got any pix?

Perhaps someone from here will be interested. If so, please PM dkan directly.

Hi Caitlin, long time no see indeed!

Life is still good, however, it has moved on. Much as I love the necklace, it sits in a box since its first and only outing in Nov 08 at my late partner's funeral.

I am raising funds for a trailer to carry my camping gears to the camp sites. It will get a lot of use, than a grand piece of jewellery that sits in a box!

I did not feel appropriate to include pics in my original post, however, here they are:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Here are a couple of threads where the necklace has been mentioned:

New Earring Jackets

Gem Quality CFWPs from 3 vendors

Please note the 3-leaf clasp is not included in the sale, as it matches my earring jackets.

Please feel free to contact me if interested, and thanks Caitlin for your help.

Last edited:
Thank you all for your good wishes!

I did not believe that is allowed, as it would be considered as advertising and direct selling etc...

DK :confused:

DK, Do check with Caitlin to be sure it is ok. We have a member/dealer in natural abalone pearls, he puts his ebay auction links up on the forum. Because your necklace is an authentic Freshadama from PP, it certainly is a necklace of special interest to members here. I wish it fit my budget!

Well, Pattye is interested in tracking it, so others must be too. It is a spectacular necklace and of nice size. I remember when you got it as does Pattye, and this seems to be the second half of that cycle. We do allow links to ebay when members want to point out listing or track something. That goes for Etsy too. We have several members who use Etsy.

Ebay is a good way to sell. There are fees, but it is very businesslike.

Okey dokey!

I was being a good girl and did not wish to breach any forum rules. :p

It would be very comforting for me to know the necklace is going to a good home where it will be appreciated by a lover of pearls.

I am waiting for PP to recreate an appraisal document for me as I have lost the original (thank you Mia at PP).

Once that is available, I shall list the necklace on eBay and post the link here.

Thanks again for everyone's help and suggestions.

DK :D

Here you go, link to the eBay listing:

Double Strand Freshadama Necklace with 14k White Gold Diamond Clasp

I do not have the replacement appraisal document in hand, however, it is forthcoming from PP, and will be included as part of the sale.

Happy bidding to whoever that may be interested, and I would love the necklace to go to a fellow PGer as I know it will be appreciated and treasured.

Thanks for the listing! This is a great price for a special necklace if it is less than PP charged!!!! The new owner can't lose with this one!

With free shipping too!

I do hope it will go to another PGer!

Ooo, 4 watchers so far a day into the listing!

DK :eek:

Dang, this is going to be exciting - it is an auction, correct? The screen says "price" not "bid", so I'm not sure. Plus, there's a buy it now button...?

What a steal, right? Good luck!

Last edited:
Lovely, good luck!

Just a note, thought-- if you can take a photo of the pearls without the loose 3-leaf diamond clasp that is not included in the sale, it would be better to use that photo for the listing instead of the one you currently have. You have no bids as yet and can easily swap out the photos. It's never really a good idea to post a photo showing things the buyer won't be receiving, even though you have a disclaimer-- many buyers don't read the whole description and it could lead to a dispute.

Bummer, reply with quote is taking forever to load!

lisa c,

It is a Buy It Now or Best Offer listing, so one can make an offer to see if I would accept if he/she is not prepared to pay the Buy It Now price. The Buy It Now price is an indication of what I am *hoping* to get. :)

Pearl Dreams,

I was being lazy. The photos were taken in Nov/Dec 2008 and I was in a rush to get it listed. I have taken new photos without the loose clasp and updated the listing accordingly as suggested, thanks. :)

DK ;)

Back