Baroque Akoyas from PP April 2015 special

My strand fell right off my neck today-- I felt it going and caught it just in time! (Whew!)

The laser ball clasp on my necklace is not a safety-type clasp-- there's just a tongue that fits in the hole of the bead and clicks into place. Even though there is a double-click, the weight of the strand un-clicked it! On the PP website the laser ball shown in the clasps section is actually a safety clasp, so there must be different types.

I'm never going to feel secure with this clasp now, unless I add a safety chain. That, or change the clasp. I'm thinking about it.

I just wanted to post a heads-up to anyone else who got their strand with this clasp. Be aware that it is not secure with a heavier necklace like these baroque akoyas.

Edit:
I added a small safety chain. It was the easiest solution.

Edit again
: I finally replaced the clasp with a safety clasp. The safety chain tickled too much!

Last edited:
My baroque akoya arrived and I'm thrilled! I purchased two of the 9.5-10mm whites and one 9.5-10mm blue. I'll be starting a thread on these shortly but wanted to contribute a couple of pictures here as well.

two strands of white baroque akoya from pearl paradise

a blue baroque akoya from pearl paradise

Ooh, very nice! Thank you for posting-- and feel free to stay here on this thread if you like!

Thank you, Pearl Dreams! I did consider that but it's a whole LOT of pictures!

We like lots of pictures! But starting another thread is fine, too-- whatever suits you. :)

I ordered a blue baroque akoya strand, and I was amazed at how much larger, more colorful and lustrous this strand was compared to my current silver blue baroque strand. I got it a couple of years ago from PP, but the new one has truly won my heart. The blue overtones are amazing.

Here they are together, my older 20" strand at the top of the box and the new 18" strand at the bottom. The new strand came with the laser clasp, and it is a safety clasp, and I was able to hook it into my other strand. I wore them together as a rope the other day.

I liked the new strand so much that I ordered two more of the special blue akoya strands. The price was irresistible. They are currently on their way. I hope the next two are as remarkably gorgeous as this one.

light silver and blue baroque akoya strandswearing both pearl paradise baroque akoya strands together

Thanks again, Pearl Dreams!

Thanks for the compliment, kelluvpearls!

Seaurchin, that sweater is my favorite to wear with blue akoya. It brings them to life!

Red, those akoya look fantastic on you. What a great idea to buy two more: ) Are you planning on making a rope?

My oh my! Thanks for the beautiful akoya photos, Baby Nurse and Red!

They are gorgeous baby nurse & red!

Baby nurse - is it just the photos or are whites rounder than the blues?

Red - I'd love to know your plans for the additional strands! They would make a fabulous rope.

My baroque akoya arrived and I'm thrilled! I purchased two of the 9.5-10mm whites and one 9.5-10mm blue. I'll be starting a thread on these shortly but wanted to contribute a couple of pictures here as well.

Oh those whites look lovely worn together!!! SO pretty!!! And the color on your blue is outrageous! Congrats and enjoy!

I ordered a blue baroque akoya strand, and I was amazed at how much larger, more colorful and lustrous this strand was compared to my current silver blue baroque strand. I got it a couple of years ago from PP, but the new one has truly won my heart. The blue overtones are amazing.

Here they are together, my older 20" strand at the top of the box and the new 18" strand at the bottom. The new strand came with the laser clasp, and it is a safety clasp, and I was able to hook it into my other strand. I wore them together as a rope the other day.

I liked the new strand so much that I ordered two more of the special blue akoya strands. The price was irresistible. They are currently on their way. I hope the next two are as remarkably gorgeous as this one.

Just gorgeous Red!!! I really love how you made the rope and wore them together...it's almost like an ombre effect! Fingers crossed you will love your new ones as much!

This thread has been a real treat, beautiful ladies!

Baby nurse and Red -- your new strands are excellent! Wear them in good health. I was proud of being a good girl, but I'm starting to have serious "non-Buyer's remorse"... Please post many more pictures for us all to enjoy!

Back