Baroque Akoyas from PP April 2015 special

Tucs - Your Akoyas look fantastic together! Gorgeous pearls - congratulations!

Thanks Katbran!

I was thinking of shortening the blues to make earrings but then I wouldn't be able to twist them like that. Maybe it's not good for akoyas to twist them, so perhaps I will just shorten them. On their own, I find them too long. It's funny, I don't feel that way about the whites so much, despite being the same length and Pearl size, I think it's because the whites are more round.

My two additional April Special blue baroque strands came today. I think they took the slow truck from California. Anyhow, the strands are nice enough, but one of them is only 16 inches long. The other was 18 inches, which it should be. The 16" strand is two pearls shorter.

I've already been on the chat line to PP, and the 16" strand will be going back for two more pearls and a restring. I may purchase a couple more pearls to get it to 20", if they have them available. We will see.

They are gorgeous baby nurse & red!

Baby nurse - is it just the photos or are whites rounder than the blues?

Red - I'd love to know your plans for the additional strands! They would make a fabulous rope.

Sorry for the late response, hanadama. The whites are indeed rounder than the blues. The whites look roundish on the neck but the blues are quite baroque.

BAS;136085 said:
Red -- I'm dying to see photos!!!
As you requested, BAS. :)

I took them out of their boxes and held them up by the edge of my hand, and the different lengths were immediately obvious.

blue baroque akoya - three strandsBlue Akoya in three tones

So pretty, Red!! Does the longest strand look the bluest of them all, or is it just an optical effect?

What are you planning to do with them??

I agree, the longest looks most saturated. Lovely strands! Thanks for sharing photos. I'm looking forward to more photos in the future.

Thanks, you all! It's all about the light. The top strand in the box is slightly shaded, hence the darker blue. In reality, they all look quite similar. Perhaps a few more pearls with intense pink overtones in the first strand. Maybe...

I plan to hook them together and wear them as a long double rope most of the time. I hooked together the first 18" Special strand and my current 20" silver blue baroque to make a rope. I loved the long look, but the two strands do not match well. So, I ordered a couple more of the Special strands. Maybe they will end up strung together eventually into a rope. I'm in no rush to decide. I just liked this Special and these gorgeous pearls. They look great in person.

A rope will be very nice!

I agree, the blues are so interesting. I just want to keep looking at them! Sometimes the pearls look, I don't know how to put it, sort of iridescent.

A rope will be very nice!

I agree, the blues are so interesting. I just want to keep looking at them! Sometimes the pearls look, I don't know how to put it, sort of iridescent.
Agreed. I wore my Special strand solo a couple of days, even though at 18" it is a bit shorter than I prefer, and I was amazed to catch myself in the mirror and see the luster of those pearls. Stunning. And, the reason I "needed" a couple more strands. :rolleyes:

I'm planning to send the 16" blue baroque akoya back for lengthening next week, but here is the 16" and the two 18" strands all hooked together. I love these beautiful pearls.

love my blue akoya

Red -- that looks absolutely gorgeous on you! See what happens when you veer away from Tahitians for just a moment? Magic! I want to see these around your neck at the Ruckus, please.

Back